Showing a web player that isn't there? Someone took over my app?!

It's been over a week now, every time I open the Spotify app on my android, a couple of minutes into listening, and then it automatically says "a device was found" and that I am now listening on the "chrome web player". Which I am clearly not. Moreover, the "one" listening is constantly listening to this same playlist called "Canabbing by MoneyTree Entertainmetn". This renders the app useless. I tried downgrading, clearing cache, ticking the show only local devices in settings, sign out everywhere, and changing my password, with no result whatsover, its like the app has become infected with this aweful playlist and I can't get it out. Is someone else using my account? Is this some kind of hack?! 

This is very annoying and it totally ruined Spotify for me. Please anybody help me. Thanks. 

Hey @Leopard6661, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear about what's going on. We highly suggest you follow the steps listed here as soon as you can.

If you need anything else, just let us know.

Comments
SergioDavid
Roadie
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey @Leopard6661, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear about what's going on. We highly suggest you follow the steps listed here as soon as you can.

If you need anything else, just let us know.

Related Issues