Announcements

Showing offline when not on WiFi - not linked to facebook

Account showing offline. Offline slider not active in settings. No Facebook account linked. Not resolved by log out and in. Registers appropriately as online when on WiFi. Internet connection definitely live on mobile data.

Hey @Markhay!

Great to hear that things are alright again! Just give us a shout if you have any other questions.

Keep on rockin'! 🙂

/H

Comments
JuanSebastian
Status changed to: Need more info

Hi @Markhay! Welcome to the Community.

Can you send us the device and Spotify version you're currently using? Also, can you check if there's a restriction for Spotify on the network settings of your device?

Keep us posted. 

Markhay

Hi Juan

I'm using a OneplusThree.  The version of Spotify I have is 7.6.0.1219.  I had tried yesterday to unintelligible. And reinstall stall which looked like it worked for a minute but no joy. 

I checked the permissions of of the app and it has access to contacts,  telephone and storage. 

Help appreciated 

Mark

JuanSebastian

Thanks for that info @Markhay!

In that case, can you try resetting your phone (and removing your battery for 30 seconds if possible) to see if this helps? Also, did this start happening after a specific update or event? 

Keep us posted. 

Markhay

Just turned off and on again.  Can't remove the battery sadly.  No change.  It did seem to occur after the upgrade to Android 7.0 

Maria_B

Thanks for the quick reply, @Markhay.

Just to check, are you encountering similar issues when loading other apps on your phone trough mobile data? Also, can you try sharing your mobile data to another device and check if the same thing happens from it? 

We'll be waiting.

Markhay

Hey.  Just to let you know I have got this sorted.  I eventually found that in phone settings, app settings,  Spotify,  the data usage section had a data usage disabled option at the bottom.  It had been enabled.. After disabling it came back up.  Bizarre though as it maintained this setting after multiple uninstalls.  

Still fixed now.  Hope this helps someone else. 

Mark

Hubo
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @Markhay!

Great to hear that things are alright again! Just give us a shout if you have any other questions.

Keep on rockin'! 🙂

/H