Shuffle is not shuffling enough

Ever since the new update, my shuffle feature seems to only shuffle the first 20 or 30 songs in my 400+ song playlist. I have the free account. I barely hear any other song other than that one's ones that were added first

Hey folks!

Thanks for reaching out to us. For any feedback about shuffle, head to this thread.

In case this is happening when you're sorting or filtering the playlist in a specific way, we suggest setting it back to Recently Added before playing it on Shuffle.

If this is happening via Connect, the right team is looking into this as we speak, but we don't have an ETA on when it'll be fixed.

Don't hesitate to open a new thread if anything else comes up.

Cheers.

Comments
jeffhpc1
Gig Goer

Been having the same problem (on Android only) since November. No one at Spotify seems to know what's going on. Multiple other users have reported this problem. Today I noticed that several comment threads on this issue are being changed by moderators to "Not an issue" status (and thus closed to further comments) with a note that "we've recently made some improvements to the shuffle algorithm" and a link to an update from... February 2016. Meanwhile, the issue remains. This is ludicrous.

Alfredo
Roadie
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey folks!

Thanks for reaching out to us. For any feedback about shuffle, head to this thread.

In case this is happening when you're sorting or filtering the playlist in a specific way, we suggest setting it back to Recently Added before playing it on Shuffle.

If this is happening via Connect, the right team is looking into this as we speak, but we don't have an ETA on when it'll be fixed.

Don't hesitate to open a new thread if anything else comes up.

Cheers.

Related Issues