Country

Portugal

Device

Huawei MediaPas M5

SHT-W09

Operating System

Android 9, Build 9.1.0.345

My Question or Issue

I can't start a playlist through the shuffle button in landscape mode.

In the attached screen recording I restart the app, show that the button does not start in landscape mode but portrait two times.

As I use spotify mostly on my tablet, it is quite annoying

Hey folks,

Thanks for your updates and for your patience while we looked into this issue. We can now confirm that this should be fixed for everyone!

Make sure your app is updated to the latest version. If you're still having trouble, feel free to start a new topic in the relevant help board here. We'll do our best to help you out there.

Happy listening!

Comments
Alex

Hi there @AlxndrJhn,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you try running a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps from this Guide exactly.

If the Shuffle button keeps misfunctioning after that let us know if this is happening in every playlist or just Discover Weekly.

Keep us posted 🙂

AlxndrJhn
Casual Listener

I followed the instruction but the problem still persists.

Affects weekly discovery and my private playlists.

Eni

Hey there @AlxndrJhn

Thanks for getting back in touch and letting us know that. 

Would you mind trying if the issue persists using a different mobile device?

If the issues also happens there, could you send us the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of both affected devices?

Also, could you let us know if this also happens when you try to play an album, or if it's exclusive to playlists?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply!

Kthnxbaii

I'm also experiencing this issue on my Samsung Tab S7+ in landscape mode on version 8.6.0.830 and Android 11.

Seems to just be playlists for me but it is whenever the shuffle button is minimised in the top right corner rather than the large centered one above the tracklist.

Eni

Hi there @Kthnxbaii

Thanks for the information you sent.

We've passed all the info on to the right team who are currently investigating this. We'll let you know as soon as we have an update. 

If you need help with anything else, just let us know!

fluffielixie

My Question or Issue

Whenever I tap shuffle play on a playlist, nothing happens. This only happens for playlists and not albums, podcasts, etc. Any idea how to fix this? I've already cleared the cache, reinstalled, restarted my computer, etc. and nothing works.

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Chromebook

Operating System

Chrome OS (using Spotify Android app)

Novy

Hey there @fluffielixie

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

Would you mind sending over a screen recording where we can take a better look at this? Just attach it to your next response to us by using the Insert Video option in the post editor.

Also, let us know the exact Spotify version you're currently running.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

fluffielixie

I'm using the latest version - updated Feb 9th.

Ver

Hey @fluffielixie,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

Could you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall? This one is more thorough than usual one.

It's also a good idea to run the app as an administrator to check if there are any changes.

If the issue persists, could you share with us the exact Spotify version? We'll investigate this further.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Nosnbär
Same problem here, on two different Samsung tablets the button doesn't work in landscape mode.