Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle play pauses music

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Android 7.0

My Question or Issue

When I press the shuffle play button it pauses my music when it used to shuffle songs again. Is it supposed to do this? And if so, is there a way to make it do what it did before?

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, make sure you update your app to the latest version by reinstalling. We advise you to also restart the app.

If that doesn't fix it for you, can you make a new thread in the relevant board? We'll get back to you there.

Thanks!

Comments
qtboricua2290
Just did an update to Spotify yesterday on my Galaxy phone and I'm having the same issue. I've logged out and and deleted the app and redownloaded it and that fixed the issue at first but then it happened again. So frustrating!!!!
Lindsayjames86

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

CreemyLovins
Same here. Noticed my shuffle play couldn't constantly shuffle songs, just shuffle once then only pause it. Not sure if it's a new update?
Ivan

Hey there @GenuineCucumber, @qtboricua2290 and @CreemyLovins

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall instead of the regular reinstall?

We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing.

It's also a good idea to check if you observe the same behavior on another device. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

plinville
Yes, I have just completed a clean reinstall (and now have to download all my songs again)....This DOES NOT fix the shuffle turning to pause issue.
If you pause a song the shuffle button is there but it will not shuffle it will only pause the song, if you change albums while the song is playing the pause changes to shuffle and it will shuffle once but not again until you change albums. Yesterday, before I updated the app this worked fine, but I updated all my apps last night and now this is an issue....This shuffle button is the only way I listen to music in the playlists so I am disappointed in this update not working correctly.
qtboricua2290
Also still having the same issue after the clean reinstall
firebuff101

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

USA

Device

Moto e5 Play

Operating System

Android

Shuffle no longer functions on any playlist on my phone. If a song is playing, the Shuffle button changes to Pause. If the song is paused, the button says Shuffle, but if I press it, it resumes the song instead of shuffling. 

dumdrengi

When I try to do shuffle play ıt continue to play last song I listened.

Ivan

Hey there @firebuff101

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones.

It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing.

Ivan

Hey there @dumdrengi

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing.

It's also a good idea to log in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.