Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle play pauses music

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Android 7.0

My Question or Issue

When I press the shuffle play button it pauses my music when it used to shuffle songs again. Is it supposed to do this? And if so, is there a way to make it do what it did before?

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, make sure you update your app to the latest version by reinstalling. We advise you to also restart the app.

If that doesn't fix it for you, can you make a new thread in the relevant board? We'll get back to you there.

Thanks!

Comments
coleseagroves

Definitely a purposeful new update on the iPhone (along with removing album names and just showing their picture instead, so gross spotify). Bring back the shuffle play button!! I loved reshuffling my playlists with an easy button press. 

coleseagroves

https://imgur.com/a/SxuslkO

Here is a video of it happening. Please fix this Spotify. Recent updates have made me hate using the app.

KE1106

Done everything that they have provided that would help with issue but still hasn’t fixed anything. It works for a short  period of time then the shuffle button turns into a pause button. iPhone 

Ceeko

Premium Plan, Samsing A50, Android 9, Spotify V8.5.46.859

Cleared Cache.

Problem A. Shuffle button toggles between Shuffle and pauze. It shuffles first time pressed, then the shuffle button works like a playbutton, does not re-shuffle.  

Problem B. When using shortcuts, same problem occurs + it does not shuffle at all and just starts with the first song. 

Christina26

It’s not working on my iPhone either the shuffle button now says pause and won’t let me shuffle

xonstage

Yeah, my shuffle feature has been doing the same thing. I've done everything suggested and it'll work for a few seconds. Then, it goes right back to pausing. It's definitely an issue that only the app's  tech people can resolve.

Samsung S9+

Dene111

My shuffle button has mysteriously started working today... sneaky little update without officially having an update me thinks.... will update if it reverts back to pause.

xonstage
Funny...mine seems to be working again, as well. I'm thankful for that. Hopefully, it continues to work.
Petya
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, make sure you update your app to the latest version by reinstalling. We advise you to also restart the app.

If that doesn't fix it for you, can you make a new thread in the relevant board? We'll get back to you there.

Thanks!

linea12

I have the same issue but I have an iPhone. I have tried the clean reinstall, the app and my phone are completely updated, and I have tried everything else suggested in these comments and nothing has worked the shuffle play button only pauses and plays the same song and still will not shuffle.