Premium

Country

Denmark

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

Android 8

My Question or Issue

I usually listen to music by going to 'Songs' and click shuffle or just play button. This usually means that some random song starts playing and when it ends, another random song starts playing. 

However, now as soon as the first song ends, the shuffle function automatically turns itself off and the next song all of the songs saved in the 'Songs' section starts playing. What is even odder is that the second song that gets to play is not the next song in the 'Songs' section but the first one (the last one I added). 

I also tried to figure out whether only my Android app is broken or also other devices. Both my MacBooks are working correctly. What doesn't work is if I share my music stream via Spotify connect with an external speaker, then open Spotify on computer and click next song - Shuffle is ON but it doesn't work - it seems like the fact that shuffle is ON on my mac's Spotify app doesn't affect the stream coming from my phone. When I turn the shuffle off and on again, the shuffle functionality works again correctly. 

At this point, I think that shuffle in my Android app is somehow broken but I haven't tested a clean install because I want to avoid re-downloading 21Gb of my offline songs. 

Hey everyone,

Thank you for your patience. The right team has made some changes backstage and the issue should now be resolved. Just make sure to have your app up-to-date, and reinstall the app if necessary.

If you're still experiencing this, we'd absolutely want to know. 

If you are experiencing the issue that Spotify only shuffles the first 100 songs, please head over to this topic.

Thanks!

Related Issues

Comments
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hello,

Thanks for the info you've sent so far.

We are currently investigating the issue but feel free to send in more examples. If you are also affected, hit +VOTE and send over the following:

• OS version and device
  • Spotify version

If you are experiencing the issue that Spotify only shuffles the first 100 songs, please head over to this topic.

Thanks!

user-removed
Not applicable

I have the same problem. It started after the update of the 9th of November. Even the last update did not solve the problem.

I will describe it:

I have made several playlists with about 85 songs. The songs in the list are from different artists, listed alphabetically. I use my android phone and Spotify-connect to play on my Teufel/Raumfeld streaming speakers.

I use the green shuffle-button. The first time of the day, it starts playing the song starting halfway the song. The first few times of the day, it stops playing after one or two songs. After a few times trying it seems like it works well. It plays a random song of the playlist and when I push at the right upper corner for the play queue, I notice that the queue has shuffled. However, after a while, when I look again, I see that the play que has changed to alphabetical.

Local playback is working fine.

I already logged out on all my devices, totally removed Spotify and reinstalled it. Called a clean install?

I have a family-account. It does not matter which account I use. All the same problem.

Samsung Galaxy A3: Android 8.0.0

DOOGEE X5max PRO: Android 6.0

Spotify app: 8.4.81.558 on both.

user-removed
Not applicable

Even today's update did not solve the problem although I had a little hope....

Now using 8.4.82.664

silversunny
Regular

Spotify Connect also turns off shuffle after first song. So in this case the problem is not on the Android or desktop side. It must be a bug on the remote server side of Spotify.

user-removed
Not applicable

Since the last update it became even worse.

When I am playing a playlist (NOT shuffle), it also stops playing after a vew songs....

Please fix this problem AND the Volume Normalise problem!

They are booth tippically Spotify-Connect problems.

rockerjd

Shuffle and Connect are NOT working even now. If I can get shuffle to work just by connect via bluetooth to my Echo and NOT by using Connect (only shuffles a few artists our of a very large playlist), then you should be able to replicate and FIX this problem.

Why do we pay for Premium for simple features that do not work? Why can I make a large playlist that can't be shuffle? It's just silly. Please fix. It won't work using connect from ANYTHING. Desktop, phone, whatever. Not suing Connect and it works, but if I just ask Alexa to shuffle a playlist, even, it only plays a few artists over and over again. Ridiculous that you can't and seemingly won't address this issue.

rockerjd

Shuffle and Connect are NOT working even now. If I can get shuffle to work just by connect via bluetooth to my Echo and NOT by using Connect (only shuffles a few artists our of a very large playlist), then you should be able to replicate and FIX this problem.

Why do we pay for Premium for simple features that do not work? Why can I make a large playlist that can't be shuffle? It's just silly. Please fix. It won't work using connect from ANYTHING. Desktop, phone, whatever. Not suing Connect and it works, but if I just ask Alexa to shuffle a playlist, even, it only plays a few artists over and over again. Ridiculous that you can't and seemingly won't address this issue.

user-removed
Not applicable

Well, it played correctly for two days. Even the volume normalisation was okay. I also think the sound was better. I did not have an update. Not for my android and not for my Teufel/Raumfeld streaming speakers. For two days I was the happiest man on earth. 

But today, the same problem again!!! Is my house haunted? Am I goining insane?

Please, somebody tell me what to do. 

I pay(ed) a lot of money for this but it is not working now for almost a month.

StephenWA
Roadie

Today would be a good day for Spotify to fix this issue.

Nicalada

One month, 15 euro and three updates later.... Still the same problem.