Premium

Country

Denmark

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

Android 8

My Question or Issue

I usually listen to music by going to 'Songs' and click shuffle or just play button. This usually means that some random song starts playing and when it ends, another random song starts playing. 

However, now as soon as the first song ends, the shuffle function automatically turns itself off and the next song all of the songs saved in the 'Songs' section starts playing. What is even odder is that the second song that gets to play is not the next song in the 'Songs' section but the first one (the last one I added). 

I also tried to figure out whether only my Android app is broken or also other devices. Both my MacBooks are working correctly. What doesn't work is if I share my music stream via Spotify connect with an external speaker, then open Spotify on computer and click next song - Shuffle is ON but it doesn't work - it seems like the fact that shuffle is ON on my mac's Spotify app doesn't affect the stream coming from my phone. When I turn the shuffle off and on again, the shuffle functionality works again correctly. 

At this point, I think that shuffle in my Android app is somehow broken but I haven't tested a clean install because I want to avoid re-downloading 21Gb of my offline songs. 

Hey everyone,

Thank you for your patience. The right team has made some changes backstage and the issue should now be resolved. Just make sure to have your app up-to-date, and reinstall the app if necessary.

If you're still experiencing this, we'd absolutely want to know. 

If you are experiencing the issue that Spotify only shuffles the first 100 songs, please head over to this topic.

Thanks!

Related Issues

Comments
Jemi
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey everyone,

Thank you for your patience. The right team has made some changes backstage and the issue should now be resolved. Just make sure to have your app up-to-date, and reinstall the app if necessary.

If you're still experiencing this, we'd absolutely want to know. 

If you are experiencing the issue that Spotify only shuffles the first 100 songs, please head over to this topic.

Thanks!

petero3

This has made no difference for me. Starting a playlist in shuffle mode still just plays the songs in sequence when using Connect.

I have reinstalled the application. Mac Mojave OSX, Spotify version 1.1.0.237.g378f6f25. Playing over Samsung M7 speakers using Spotify Connect.

The shuffle with Connect works ok when launched from the iOS app. Just not my OSX laptop.

dirki
Shuffle problem is solved. Spotify doesn't jump to first song anymore in
shuffle mode.

Spotify on android, Spotify Connect to marantz cr611. Gts