Siri voice commands not working on Apple Watch

Hey,

since the latest update Siri is no longer able to start a stream via Apple Watch. When I asked Siri to play a song on Spotify, it says something like „I check for it“ and nothing happens. Siri on iOS works fine. It’s sad, because it works well until the latest update was released. And it’s a Great function especially for running outside. I tried to reinstall all apps without success. 

Andy 

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany 

Device

(iPhone X, Apple Watch 6)

Operating 

(iOS 14.13, Watch OS 7.2)

Hey there folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, let us know in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Piero2
Visitor

Same here! going nuts. Spotify / apple contacted. they dont have answer 

Piero2
Visitor

Used to work perfectly and was a great features for running. If you ask Siri on apple watch to search for a song on spotify, it will open the spotify app but nothign else Contacted spotify and apple on this but they don't understand whats the problem. tryed on a separate iphone and watch and the same happens. tryed with a different spotify accoutn ans same happens!

anyone ?  

Alex

Hi there @Piero2,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you give us the following info:

• When did this start happening
  • Device model, OS version and Spotify version

Have you tried running a clean reinstall of you Spotify app? For more info and a detailed device specific guide check here.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Cheers.

Andyaner
Casual Listener
Ok, now it says „continue with your personal device“ and „something went wrong“. Hey Spotify, you know the problem? Plans for bugfixing?
Mihail

Hey @Andyaner and @Piero2,

Thanks for reaching out.

Sometimes issues with the cache can cause behavior like the one you're describing. To that end, we recommend that you run a clean reinstall of the app on your iPhone. That should also replace the necessary files on your smartwatch. You can learn more about Spotify on the Apple Watch here

If that doesn't fix things it's a good idea to reset the smartwatch to factory setting. That way when you pair it up with your smartphone and Spotify, the connection will be built anew from the ground up. You can follow this guide from Apple.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Piero2
Visitor
tried all this and no luck. i also tried on a separate iphone and watch using my account and the same happen. apple says that its a spotify app problem. do you have an idea of what could be ?
Eni

Hey @Piero2,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community 🙂

We suggest that you disconnect the devices from each other and give them both a quick restart. Then reconnect them and try again. 

If this doesn't do the trick, can you try resetting your watch?

Also, make sure that there aren't any pending updates for both your phone and watch.

Keep us in the loop!

h-u4wv_ku89l
Regular
Same problem! Running all the latest updates and tried a clean install. Frustrating! It hits doesn’t do anything when Siri responds and opens Spotify.
Eni

Hi @h-u4wv_ku89l

Thanks for reaching out about this.

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but just to make sure, did you follow these specific steps? That should also replace the necessary files on your smartwatch. You can learn more about Spotify on the Apple Watch here

If that doesn't fix things it's a good idea to reset the smartwatch to factory setting. That way when you pair it up with your smartphone and Spotify, the connection will be built anew from the ground up. You can follow this guide from Apple.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Piero2
Visitor
Spotify must have suspended the beta for some user but don’t tell
I tried on a different iPhone and watch with my account and the same happens

Related Issues