Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sleep timer not working with podcasts

Hey there,

We've received reports for the Sleep timer not working, i.e. the next podcast episode plays after the timer has expired.

This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Angy26
I use the sleep timer to listen till the end of a podcast episode, however lately despite putting the timer on spotify moves onto the next episode and carries on playing. iOS and spotify have been updated. I’ve also uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and it has not helped the issue.
emilycheng

Thanks for putting this up! I'm facing the same issue and I'm more bugged by the part that Spotify automatically adds a whole bunch of episodes to the playback list (not the queue), meaning it'll take me forever to clear the playback list (as opposed to the queue where we can clear the queue in one click). I've already turned off autoplay on both the desktop and mobile apps. Would really love to see this bug fixed.

Katya0133

I’m having the same issue (on iOS). Oddly enough, it’s only happening intermittently. Like, if I set it in the course of normal listening, it won’t work, but if I go back and try it again, it will work. 🤷‍♀️ 

Eni

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

@Angy26, just to confirm, is this happening across devices or only on a specific one? Also, sending us the exact make/model and Spotify version of your device would come in handy. 

@emilycheng, could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? That way we can avoid repeating any steps. On another note, would you mind sending us a screen recording of the issue happening so we can take a closer look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

DansZoja

I’ve also been having the exact same issue over the last week. I use this tool to help me fall asleep but now it will just play episode after episode until I turn it off manually. 

jcomley

I am having this issue on Android whilst connected to Sonos speakers.

If I disconnect the Sonos and play from my phone directly, the sleep timer works. 

Spencemar

Having the same issue—iOS listener

catchupqueen

I am also having this issue when I try to listen to a podcast to go to sleep. I woke up briefly a few hours later and Spotify had played two more episodes instead of stopping at the “end of episode” as I had selected. I have iOS, app version 8.7.86.510, iPhone 8S 128GB. 

Elliott14

I’m having same issue - IOS, iphone 12

jetpackblues

Same issue for the past few days on iOS. It started happening when I updated my iPhone 13 to iOS 16.1.1.