Slow Startup Linked To Account?

[Alright so I posted this 6 months ago and didn't realize that I wouldn't get an email notification when someone responded - I see that's now an option, good on ya Spotify. Anyway, same issues are still occurring, so take a look]

I've been using Spotify for nearly 3 years now. It started out fantastic, good enough that I got premium a year ago. But since then the startup time on my Spotify apps have been ridiculously slow. I'm talking the PC desktop app, as well as Android on two different devices (Galaxy S4 and now LG G5). On PC it takes about 5 minutes to load in the home menu, then it's a crapshoot whether or not clicking any buttons will take me anywhere. Often I wait another 5 minutes to load a new screen, and so on. With the app, it's pretty much the same. It's become nearly unusable at this point, but I pay for the service, so I'd like to use it.

So I have tried many options over the last year, including emptying caches, reinstalling apps, etc. etc. But nothing has had any impact. One day I opened my app (about an hour after closing it, with no problems) and I had been... booted off of premium? All my offline music was gone and I began to get ads. I checked my profile and sure enough, my premium was just gone.

Now I'm on a family plan with 5 other people, so I asked around and they were all still fine and dandy, it was just me that had been kicked. I reapplied and was accepted back onto the plan, but it was around then that the major functionality issues began. That's why I'm led to believe that my issues may be linked to my account, and not to my app/devices.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this, and whether I can have someone personally look at my account and see what's going on.

Thanks

Hey there.

We haven't heard from you in a while, so we're closing this thread. 

If you ever need us again, just let us know. We're always here to help.

0 Likes
Comments
Hubo
Spotify Star
Spotify Star
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @Optiguy42! Thanks for letting me know!

That definitely sounds odd. Could you try to log into Spotify with another account (e.g. from a friend or family member)? Does the same thing happen while using their account? Let me know! 🙂

Have a nice day!

SergioDavid
Roadie
Status changed to: Closed

Hey there.

We haven't heard from you in a while, so we're closing this thread. 

If you ever need us again, just let us know. We're always here to help.

Related Issues