Sometimes songs appear as not added to library (plus sign, not tick) but they are in library

This happens pretty often. When looking at artist's albums I sometimes see songs that I've added to my library as not added, however they are in my library! What I do then to keep it clean is to remove all songs I have in my library and then add them once again. That doesn't make sense.

And It's not about single/full album releases after merge. This sometimes happens without any reason.

And even if this shouldn't be happening. Please hire devs and start fix your bugs it's ridicilous

Hey @Ppozniak!

Thanks for getting back to us with this information.

There are multiple versions of the same album or song that are added by artists or right holders. This means that if you save a song from one album that has other versions (i.e. deluxe version), only one will show as saved, and other versions will also have the option to save them. This is why you can have the same song saved multiple times.

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to open a new thread.

All the best.

0 Likes
Comments
Julian
Status changed to: Need more info

Hi @Ppozniak, welcome to the Spotify Communty!

Just to confirm, is this happening only with the songs with certain albums, or are all albums affected? If this just happen with a few, send us the URI link of the affected albums so we can check them. To get them, right click the album (press the 3 dot icon on a mobile device) > Share > Copy Link or URI. 

Also, it's be helpful if you send some screenshots of how those songs look in your library and the artist profile from your end.

Also, let us know what device, operating system, and version of Spotify you're using.

Keep us posted.

Ppozniak
Music Fan

This happens randomly, mostly single songs are affected, but it happened with whole albums too.

Today it happened with this song spotify:track:77Djwg4dtFe5nol41MXwea while I was listening to Discover Weekly (not mine). There was no tick near the song and I was able to have two same songs. Some screenshots to make it clear:

After trying to add photos 3 times I give up. Even your forums are buggy... this is sad.

The message body contains _date of screenshot_, which is not permitted in this community. Please remove this content before sending your post.

Anyway I've upladed this to Imgur

Here's how the song appears when I play it from my library - tick is here

However, when played from Discovery weekly the tick isn't here, despite fact this is the same song.

After adding the song from DW, now it appears TWICE in my library

Also a note: spotify uri is  the same  spotify:track:77Djwg4dtFe5nol41MXwea in both cases.

I've tried re-running spotify but the problem occurs. I've also checked if the same happens on a phone (Android) and it's there too.

After removing and adding it once again everything goes back to normal. This doesn't happen only on discovery weekly - just a note.

Another album that was affected with this before, but I've immediately removed and re-added it back then, if it matters anyway:  spotify:album:4HEcDOeibvu7OAE8xMDYFd

Best regards.

Ppozniak
Music Fan

Wohoo after 20 minutes I've finally managed to post a comment! Time to create a second issue with next forum bug. Keep it up guys, doing great job in making me angry lately.

Alfredo
Roadie
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey @Ppozniak!

Thanks for getting back to us with this information.

There are multiple versions of the same album or song that are added by artists or right holders. This means that if you save a song from one album that has other versions (i.e. deluxe version), only one will show as saved, and other versions will also have the option to save them. This is why you can have the same song saved multiple times.

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to open a new thread.

All the best.

Related Issues