Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song/Podcast skipping when clicking/sliding the progress bar in the desktop app

Hey folks, 

We've received reports from some users that songs and podcasts skip to the next content in the queue when clicking on the progress bar to set it to a certain portion while playing. This is only happening on the desktop app. 
This is now being investigated by our teams.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Cheers!

Comments
ChristianCosta

Same here

senhordelicio

Came here because I'm having exactly the same problem.

It's working as intend on mobile and web, but not on the desktop version.

I even tried with an older version, but issue still happens.

I tried all the steps of uninstalling, restarting the PC etc.

It's extremely annoying, you pay to have full access and can't use a basic feature like that! 😑

EDIT: PC, Windows 11 22H2. I tried 3 versions of the app: 1) the currently available in the MS Store, 2) the standalone version downloaded from the Spotify page and 3) an older standalone version downloaded from the uptodown page.

akiyoshidoug

I contacted Spotify Cares on Twitter, and they told me that the team is aware of this issue and they're trying to solve it.

They also suggested keeping the automatic updates on Microsoft Store turned on, that way, we receive the fix as soon as it's released.

How to turn on auto-updates? It's usually on by default, but here's the path:
1. Open Microsoft Store > click on your profile icon > App settings

2. Check if App updates toggle is on. If it's not, turn it on.

In the meantime, we must use the web player: Spotify – Web Player

LRH123

Plan

Premium familiar

Country

Mexico

Device

Laptop, Celular

Operating System

Android, Windows 11

My Question or Issue

Porque no puedo adelantar unos minutos las canciones sin que sean descartadas y ponga la siguiente en la lista?? realmente es molesto yo solía adelantar o atrasar las canciones sin ningún problema hasta ahora

danock

Me pasa lo mismo desde hace 2 días  

ruben1305

Me sucede lo mismo, pero solo en la pc

I am having the same issue and none of the solutions in this thread helped.

gurfaa

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

So whenever i want to scroll through a song the song that im currently listening to switches to a completely different song in the playlist, any fixes?

Devilboy96

me too

JCTOVARS

Me too, it's annoying I cannot scroll trouhg the song.  @spotify fix that error.