Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song/Podcast skipping when clicking/sliding the progress bar in the desktop app

Hey folks, 

We've received reports from some users that songs and podcasts skip to the next content in the queue when clicking on the progress bar to set it to a certain portion while playing. This is only happening on the desktop app. 
This is now being investigated by our teams.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Cheers!

Comments
GiftCharles

Whenever I want to seek music to a certain point, the player skips to the next song, this is very annoying can someone please help me.

Lyubka

Hey @12122617264,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

In this case, we'd like to gather as much info as possible. Would you mind letting us know exactly what troubleshooting you've tried so far? This'll help us avoid repeating steps.

It's also a good idea to send us a full description of the inconvenience you're having. Make sure your explanation includes as many details as possible. This way we can advise you better.

We'll be on the lookout for your response. 

mratacho

Me pasa lo mismo, tengo ya varios dias con este problemas, solo en la pc, Soy premium desde haceunos 4 años mas o menos, jamas me habia pasado

akiyoshidoug

Guys,

If you have Twitter, contact Spotify Cares, and tell them you're also experiencing this unpleasant issue.

They might make this a higher priority if more people are reporting the same.

Please, keep us updated here if they tell you something new.

Thanks!

Link to Spotify Cares:

SpotifyCares (@SpotifyCares) / Twitter

AaronCaseux

me pasa lo mismo, nunca me habia sucecido y ahora todo el tiempo, solo en la pc

josemicaell

I am having the same issue and none of the solutions in this thread helped.

MrBearBC

Lo mismo por acá, veo que no soy el único. Alguno ha encontrado solución?

Hi Lyubka,

Like OP I am on Windows 11, and the symptoms are exactly the same. I tried each and every solution mentioned in this thread, all to no avail. There is nothing more I can add.

baldo2k

I'm having the same issue. I was looking for a solution and came into this forum.

Lyubka
Status changed to: Under investigation

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

In the meantime, you can try out the following workaround:

1. Go to Settings > Audio quality and set the Streaming quality to High.

2. Scroll all the way down to Compatibility and disable hardware acceleration.

Cheers!