Announcements

Song marked as explicit plays clean version

Whenever i try to listen to a song from the album "When it's Dark Out" by G-eazy that is marked explicit, it is censored.

It only happens on this album, i tested other songs from different artists but they seem to work correctly.

Thanks for the info @hannes_spot!

In rare cases, an error or a change in licensing agreements may have occured making the explicit version unavailable. The tracks may be re-linked to the "clean" version temporarily while we fix things. You can find more info about this here.

If you have other questions, feel free to get back to us.

Take care!

Comments
Aimee_T
Status changed to: Need more info

Hi @hannes_spot, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Could you send us the URI of the song? You can find it by right-clicking the track > Copy Spotify URI. Also, can you let us know what device, operating system, and version of Spotify you're using? 

We recommend logging out and back in to your account to see if it helps.

Take care 🙂

hannes_spot

Logging out and back in did not help.

spotify URI : spotify:track:7xq3uN2toVZ8IbNzfTucyJ

I am running version 1.0.49.125.g72ee7853 on Windows 10 on a Samsung Laptop ( i don't recall the exact model)

I hope thats enough infomation

JuanSebastian
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Thanks for the info @hannes_spot!

In rare cases, an error or a change in licensing agreements may have occured making the explicit version unavailable. The tracks may be re-linked to the "clean" version temporarily while we fix things. You can find more info about this here.

If you have other questions, feel free to get back to us.

Take care!

hannes_spot

Well the explicit version is available for everybody else i have asked about it, which is really weird.

gasmasquerade

I'm having the same issue with the song Teenage Dirtbag by Wheatus https://open.spotify.com/track/3LI4MmibTkXH5cGpCGZgyw

Plays a censored version when marked as "explicit"

Is there a quick and easy way to report songs that are coming up incorrectly rather than taking to a community forum? This seems so tedious, an easy "report issue with song" feature would probably be a lot more efficient.

29axe

Same problem with Godsmack - I **bleep**ing hate you (track/7okpzGkWpIfSwWd40ycnwy).

Song labelled Excplicit, it always played the explicit version until recently now playing some radio edit with some blows instead of explicit words, which totaly breaks the song. 

It's too bad for the artist because I don't listen to it anymore 😕

BurtThaMan

posted this elsewhere but they censor just that one line "he brings a gun to school". Which is outrageous considering the rest of the terrible filth they allow in other songs. That's childs play compared to the topics covered in rap.

Tristonroberts

I'm honestly about to stop paying for Spotify because of this at least 20 songs I listen to have recently been edited complete bull**** if someone doesn't like what the song says do t listen to it I don't understand why you'd ruin it for everyone else

Netflictus

I am also experiencing the exact same thing, with lots of songs and especially 2 albums that most songs don’t  even make sense in the clean version. Those 2 albums being when it’s dark out by g-eazy and at.long.last.asap by asap rocky. I have also asked people about it on multiple occasions and they said they have the explicit version. I think this should be fixed as soon as possible.