Song skips

Hi I'm having problems with playing tunes. Some songs will play but there are many that play a few seconds than not at all.
Can I get some help with this? I have asked people I know with a premium account and none have mentioned the same problem.

Thanks,
June

Hey folks,

As we've not heard back from you, we're going to close this one up now.

If this happens again however, don't hesitate to give us a shout in a new thread.

In the meantime, if you are still experiencing this we'd recommend:
- Reinstalling

- Restart your device

- Premium? Try a 'Remove All' here. This will mean re-downloading your offline tunes, but should ensure it's not a cache issue

- Check you don't have any cache-clearing apps downloaded. If you do, can you remove Spotify from the permissions?

- Check you're not using any Low Power/Battery Saving modes on your device

Many thanks 🙂

/M

0 Likes
Comments
Hubo
Spotify Star
Spotify Star
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @Junengo28! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

That's not cool! Could you let me know your OS, Spotify and device versions? Also, does a reinstall of the Spotify app help here? Let me know how you get on! 🙂

Have a great day!

Chiod

hi music not playing at all i tried playing music with my phone and it works just fine but spotify in my laptop is not working.

Junengo28
Casual Listener
Hey! Thanks for replying to my post.
My OS? not sure, but I have the Iphone 6 version.
I updated the app as well and even that didn't seem to help.
Starting to think it is an issue with my carrier..

Leo
Spotify
Spotify

Hey @Junengo28,

You can find your device's operating system by heading to Settings > General > About > Version. If you could also send over your Spotify version, that'd be great. To find this, open Spotify and go to Settings (little cog wheel) > About > Version. Could you tell us if any error messages appear when the issue occurs? 

@Chiod if you could also get back to us with the same info, we'll see what we can suggest 🙂 

Thanks!

Melody
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Closed

Hey folks,

As we've not heard back from you, we're going to close this one up now.

If this happens again however, don't hesitate to give us a shout in a new thread.

In the meantime, if you are still experiencing this we'd recommend:
- Reinstalling

- Restart your device

- Premium? Try a 'Remove All' here. This will mean re-downloading your offline tunes, but should ensure it's not a cache issue

- Check you don't have any cache-clearing apps downloaded. If you do, can you remove Spotify from the permissions?

- Check you're not using any Low Power/Battery Saving modes on your device

Many thanks 🙂

/M

Related Issues