Announcements

Having trouble seeing your Wrapped stories? To fix this, update the Spotify app to the latest version.

Find more info on our community FAQ.

Song that I saved "in 2 years"?

If I recall correctly, there's no time travel yet.

umm.jpg

Hey @yrjosmiel73,

It seems we didn't receive a reply from your end, but we hope your Spotify is back to the present now 🙂

We're setting this post as "Closed", but don't hesitate to write us back if you need some extra help.

Our best,
Comments
Taylor

Or, time travel does in fact exist and computers can manipulate the time, so the future you activated time travel mode in Spotify to see what the present you listened to, then accidentally added a song to the playlist before deactivating the time travel mode, forgetting that it would appear in the present you's Spotify client 😛 Or perhaps time travel doesn't exist and Spotify is doing weird things, but that sounds terribly boring.

Cheers for the report! 🙂

~T

MaryC1
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @yrjosmiel73, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

That's quite odd! Have you tried removing the song and adding it again? Does the same thing happen? If it does, could you let us know the Spotify version you're using to time travel? Just head to Help > About Spotify to check it out.

We'll be waiting for your reply,

yrjosmiel73

@MaryC1

I would remove it, but then I can't show it to my friends anymore ;_;.

I just removed it from my songs list and added it again. It now says "in a minute", which is still the future as of 2016-9-2, 21:36.

EDIT: As of 21:39, it still says "in a minute". It only happens for that specific song of American Authors. I removed it and added it again, still "in a minute".

http://imgur.com/a/qSr01

MaryC1

Hey @yrjosmiel73,

Woow! We're almost in the present now, we went from "in 2 years" to "in a minute". I tried to recreate the issue from my end, but my time travel isn't working right here right now 😞 

Give it a try reinstalling the app and see if it brings it back to present time. Here's how.

Let us know how you get on.

MaryC1
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @yrjosmiel73,

It seems we didn't receive a reply from your end, but we hope your Spotify is back to the present now 🙂

We're setting this post as "Closed", but don't hesitate to write us back if you need some extra help.

Our best,
tobythemad

I'm having the same problem and still not sure what to do. I have already reinstalled the app and the same problem occurs.

maddiewilkin

The same thing is happening to me! Theres a christmas song on my liked songs that says "in 7 months"... weird.