Announcements

Songs I Know I've Added Are Somehow Deselected...

I'm going to copy/paste user 2Madi's post form another thread (the query was inexplicably closed) because they sum up the issue pretty well and it's been driving me crazy for a year now:

"On many occations i've noticed that some songs that I have on my playlist aren't there anymore. I have one main playlist with all the songs that I like and sometimes I add songs to the playlist to make sure that I have them there, expecting to see the notification pop up where it says that the song is already there and ask if I want to skip duplicates but it doesn't and I am 100% sure that i've had that song in the playlist before and listened to it in this playlist specifically.

I have searched for the song in the playlist to see if I have it but from another album because that happens sometimes but a lot of times I don't have the song at all even though I am 100% certain that it's supposed to be there. 

I've noticed as well that my old playlist that I had years ago had over 2000 songs but now it only has 1000. 

Can it have something to do with spotify changing the directories of the songs like if the song is in an album they remove the single and if I have the single in my playlist it gets removed? Or if an artist release a deluxe version of an album and spotify removes the regular album because it doesn't need to be there anymore when the deluxe album is there and better, and if I have songs on my playlist from that album they will be removed from my playlist? That's my theory but I don't know, all I know is it's very annoying.

Does anyone know the reason or if there is any way to solve it?

Thanks!"

For example, StonesThrow Records has a playlist called "Junie". I saved Susie Thundertussy from there months ago. Go to check today because I hadn't heard the song in awhile and I was able to re-add it from that particular playlist when it should have already been in my library. What is going on?

Hey @ignis_fatuus!

As we haven't had any updates about this in a while, we'll be closing this thread.

If you need our help, don't hesitate to open a new one.

All the best.

Comments
RodrigoPalma
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @ignis_fatuus, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Just to be sure, is exactly the same version of the song that you added? Also, let us know if this happens across all your devices.

Keep us posted.

Alfredo
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @ignis_fatuus!

As we haven't had any updates about this in a while, we'll be closing this thread.

If you need our help, don't hesitate to open a new one.

All the best.

Env: prod