Songs are not playing from Onkyo receiver

Device:

Spotify at Onkyo TX8050

Operating System Version:

-

Spotify Version:

inbuild version

Description:

I've been using Spotify at Onkyo receiver for an year, Couple of days ago, suddenly it stops playing any songs.

To reproduce:

1. Log in to Spotify using premium account
  2. select one of available playlist. Choose one song and start playing
  3. Nothing happened, no error message. Song is not playing, always looks like playing but it not counts seconds. Please help

Workaround:

no

Additional information:

Not sure, but it seems some of playlists are missing from onkyo device.

Comments
RoyTrenneman

Same issue on my TX8050, Spotify doesn't work for about 2-3 days.

basgeerling

Same issue on my HT-R693. About 2 days ago Spotify stopped working. Sometimes I get logon failures. When the logon does succeed, Spotify fails to play selected songs.

jorunyhe

Same issue on my onkyo tx-nr626. About 2 days ago Spotify stopped working when I log in on my android mobilephone.. Sometimes I get logon failures. When the logon does succeed, accquiring data takes a long time. Spotify fails to play selected songs and no album cover shows up. Every time i choose Whats new i get the message this list is empty 

Same issue here..
No errors

Onkyo 809.. song comes up, but play sits at 0:00

other internet players installed on the reciever ie V-tuner etc , work fine

Any ideas?

Same issue on my TX8050.  "Search" also does not work.

dominik_zgodka

Ther is another post refering to this with 5 pages of confirmed cases like this. 

TX-8050 - Spotify premium - does not play.

D.

Oreste
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey there! 

Thanks for the heads up.

We've passed this on to our tech folks and they're looking into it at the moment. As soon as we have any news, we'll let you know.

Cheers 🙂

tslavkovsky

It works now! No action needed

Rockchick8

Similar issue:

Onkyo TX-NR515 receiver.  I updated the firmware from Onkyo (Download the instructions first, my update was available via a USB (i.e. Download, copy to USB, apply update to receiver from USB)..   Onkyo Downloads

It worked at first from my iPad and my Windows computer.  However, I turned off the receiver and the next day when turned on, it is no longer recognized by any device.

I tried selecting the Spotify icon on the receiver; it instructs me to start spotify on another device.

Of course I have done that, but the Onkyo is not detected.