Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs aren't streaming on Apple Watch

Hey folks, 

We're getting reports from Apple Watch users that songs aren't streaming. 

Stay tuned to the Status Update for more info.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience and input so far.

We're setting this issue to Not Right Now as we're unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment. However, rest assured this will remain on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here with a new status when we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, make sure to always keep the app up to date.

Take care.

Comments
znrestrada

If only you guys could have had access to some kind of preview release of watchOS 9. Some kind of developer beta that could have let them prepare for this eventuality.

If only.

DiesIrae

I’ve filed a case with Apple tech support about this issue and after some calls and chats they concluded the case as Spotify’s app issue instead of their OS’s fault, which is the complete opposite of what you saying.

I’ve kept all the chat logs and recordings with me so…..much appreciated if you can publish an official statement confirming your claim or we shall sit and watch your software dev team and Apple blaming each other while we switch to other streaming platforms. 

Geeenoo

Dear Spotify, 

are you really waiting Apple for a fix which would make the biggest Apple competitor do its job? 🤦‍

znrestrada

Meanwhile Apple Music's watch app is working perfectly fine with streaming on the Apple Watch.

Once again, everything points to this being Spotify's fault instead of Apple.

leoplan2

To everyone blaming Spotify

There are also reports of Amazon Music not working properly on watchOS 9 so, are you going to blame Amazon and call them lazy? 

After some problems with the latest rollout of Apple products (iOS 16 bugs, iPhone 14 Pro camera issues, iPhone 14 GPS not working properly, this watchOS problems even with Apple Music streaming) everything is pointing at Apple being guilty of breaking streaming apps on the latest watchOS release.

Please, do research and be more reasonable and mature before bashing Spotify, and no, I am not an Apple hater, I have multiple Apple products (iPhone, Airpods, Apple Watch and a Mac computer).

Jacknichols

I just had the exact same issue on my run yesterday on the Apple Watch Ultra. Yes, my software is most up to date. Headphones used: Jabra Elite 65t (Bluetooth 5.0). Music would not play about every 1.5 songs and had to force quit Spotify and re open to begin music to headphones again. Notably, I could see the song “time clock” ticking down on the watch even though music was not playing in the headphones. Please fix as this is not fun when you’re on a 7 mile run. 

mejifair

Hi - I am having the same issue. Apple Watch Ultra and streaming stops suddenly. I can’t say it is per song, because if I am listening to the news or a podcast, it stops somewhere around the 4-5 minute mark. I think it is more time based versus the transition to another song.

I also bought the watch with cellular so that I could leave my phone behind without having to download to my watch which (like some above stated) rarely works. It just sits and hangs at “downloading” even though I have uninstalled, cleared the cache, etc.

I hope this is truly fixed in the upcoming 9.1 OS release!

znrestrada

@leoplan2 

Yes, I would still call them lazy. The first developer beta for watchOS 9 was released in June. Spotify and Amazon could have seen this issue for months and did something about it, but didn't.

Also, Pocket Casts works perfectly fine on watchOS 9.

The workaround suggested does not even work properly, playlist still stops playing. Also limited to 50x songs per playlist. Very disappointing in the lack of functionality - given Spotifys' developer resources (or lack of) . I did not get the email warning me about not upgrading. 

Have no choice but to cancel subscription and use another service until this is resolved. 😠

3 weeks is too long already to have this fixed.

tohmo

Same problem here! Finally got my new Apple watch series 8 cellular+gps. Tested it today when I went for a jog. “Finally I can go out without my phone and still listen to my Spotify playlist”.

Nope. Working about for one song, after that some kind of streaming issue, lost connectivity or something… Nice… Still nice to know it’s a common bug..