Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs aren't streaming on Apple Watch

Hey folks, 

We're getting reports from Apple Watch users that songs aren't streaming. 

Stay tuned to the Status Update for more info.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience and input so far.

We're setting this issue to Not Right Now as we're unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment. However, rest assured this will remain on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here with a new status when we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, make sure to always keep the app up to date.

Take care.

Comments

9.0.2 didn't fix streaming issue for me, i still get 'Streaming issue on watchOS9 Instead, try listening offline. Download using the *** menu  on a playlist or podcast on your phone' I've updated watch and phone OS any ideas?

Eni

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your replies. 

@austin88, just to confirm, does the issue persist while on WiFi? If it doesn't, would you mind checking what @Vsa_boy tested out to see if the issue occurs in the same scenario? 

We'll be on the lookout. 

austin88

Eni,

To confirm the watch works fine when paired with a phone or wifi. That was never an issue. I have tested under two cases.

1. Turn off wifi on the watch and turn off the phone so the watch has no connection other than cellular. Go into the spotify app and try and open playlist/artist album and it just sits and loads and nothing ever happens.

2. If you start spotify on the watch connected to the phone or wifi then move to cellular the watch will play songs until the buffer or caching of the song runs out and then you can't play anything new and nothing else loads.

Different ways to get to the same result.

znrestrada

I’ve updated to 9.0.2 and it doesn’t work still.

Moylanator

On 9.1 with an iPhone 11 / Watch Ultra - still not working for me, come on Spotify! I'm paying out now £9.99 for Apple Music on top.

AlejaR

Hey @austin88,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

In this case, we recommend doing a factory reset on the Apple Watch and adding it back as a new watch vs. restoring a backup. So, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

If this doesn't do the trick, can you share with us the exact Spotify version you have running on your device?

If possible, you can also send us a video recording of what's happening on your side. You can attach the video in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.

Keep us in the loop!

johndoe1234543

It's not fixed for me. This is taking a long time to sort out. 

johndoe1234543

I've discovered you need to reinstall Spotify on your phone for it to work.

Vsa_boy

@austin88 wrote:

Eni,

To confirm the watch works fine when paired with a phone or wifi. That was never an issue. I have tested under two cases.

1. Turn off wifi on the watch and turn off the phone so the watch has no connection other than cellular. Go into the spotify app and try and open playlist/artist album and it just sits and loads and nothing ever happens.

2. If you start spotify on the watch connected to the phone or wifi then move to cellular the watch will play songs until the buffer or caching of the song runs out and then you can't play anything new and nothing else loads.

Different ways to get to the same result.

I have same findings

Maybe I should take mobile wifi router with me when I go out?

Alex

Hey there @Vsa_boy,

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps that @AlejaR has recommended above? Does any of that work for you?

Keep us posted on how you get on.