Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs aren't streaming on Apple Watch

Hey folks, 

We're getting reports from Apple Watch users that songs aren't streaming. 

Stay tuned to the Status Update for more info.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience and input so far.

We're setting this issue to Not Right Now as we're unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment. However, rest assured this will remain on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here with a new status when we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, make sure to always keep the app up to date.

Take care.

Comments
mwebster99
Yes! Working for me too!

Thank you!!!!
AlexanderByron

Also happening for me too. Deleted and reinstalled Spotify on my iPhone and Watch on Tuesday, and was able to redownload a 50 song Running Mix playlist with no issues. Went to play the same playlist this morning at ParkRun, and the Watch app wasn't having it. The playlist is displayed under downloads, however when you press play, it returns to the Currently Playing screen but does not load up a song. Tried a few times and eventually the playlist mysteriously disappeared off the Watch downloads list altogether!

Can you please get this sorted? It's been an on and off issue now for what seems like months. Not being able to play music during my run having already left my iPhone at home is extremely irritating!

(iPhone 13 Pro, 16.3.1; Apple Watch Series 7, 9.3.1; Spotify 8.8.12.472; UK, EE).

JackJho

Hello, I have the same problem. The newest Se Apple Watch and cannot play my downloaded music on runs. Very embarrassing and time consuming to fix. I barely have anything else on the Watch. There seems to be something with the software and I do not want to have to switch to Apple Music from being such a long standing customer with Spotify!

dtrojan88

Experiencing the same issue. Surprised to see this is an ongoing issue from months ago. Very disappointed.

Garratt18

There is no download to Apple Watch showing in my Spotify. 

• Apple Watch 3 series
  • iPhone XR iOS 16.3.1
  • Spotify version 8.8.18
  • UK, Virgin Mobile
317nnvjl6izf62nlgfhp

Just got the Apple Watch Ultra. Cellular network running the watch too. Spotify streaming is not existent. At first the watch option didn’t display on ‘play on a device’. Deleted and re-added the app a few times. The watch option showed up for 1 second then went away. Super strange. 

A little while later I can now see it, but I cannot select it. It just defaults back to the iPhone 13 Pro. 

A little while after, it works. Great. 

The next day,  it is not working. Def the Spotify App. Please fix this app 🙏

AlejaR
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience and input so far.

We're setting this issue to Not Right Now as we're unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment. However, rest assured this will remain on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here with a new status when we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, make sure to always keep the app up to date.

Take care.

mobicheck

Plan

Premium

Device

Apple Watch Ultra

Operating System

WatchOS 10

My Question or Issue

Apple Watch Ultra stops streaming music when the second song ends while using cellular

ecr80

Can't believe this issue returned. Beyond disappointed. 

tohmo

Works really poorly… Should I really try Apple Music…? I want to run and listen to my music without these stupid errors…