Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs aren't streaming on Apple Watch

Hey folks, 

We're getting reports from Apple Watch users that songs aren't streaming. 

Stay tuned to the Status Update for more info.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience and input so far.

We're setting this issue to Not Right Now as we're unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment. However, rest assured this will remain on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here with a new status when we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, make sure to always keep the app up to date.

Take care.

Comments
freak4pc

UPDATE: I can confirm updating to the watchOS 9.1 Beta 4 seed fixes the issue. This does seem to be pointing to the fact this is some issue on Apple's part.

Same issue here and super frustrating given I only found about it while working out, really ruined my run 😞 

I got the Apple Watch Ultra so “not upgrading” isn’t an option (like others who have the Series 8 mentioned). 

Like others here I’m seriously baffled how this wasn’t discovered earlier in the beta cycles given the developer betas were out as early as June.

I think what everyone here wants is really one thing - clarity. Don’t go dark. Tell us what’s going on sincerely. How long will a fix take? Will it be reasonable waiting for you or we would have to switch to an app that works with the watch? 

ecr80

2B5D1AE8-1E52-44DA-B3A5-00BED07480BB.jpeg

Seems Apple fixed it after all. Guess Spotify was right after all. 

Lyubka
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue!

We’re happy to say that this has been fixed by Apple in WatchOS version 9.0.2! Just make sure your Apple Watch is updated to the latest version in the Watch app on your iPhone

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Spotify won’t stream on apple watch 8 independent of iPhone even though I have Spotify premium and cellular watch. I have updated the software on both my iPhone and watch. I have rebooted my watch and started it from new again linking/unlinking etc with no success. I had thought the bug was meant to have been fixed with the latest update. I phoned apple support as well. They said since it was a 3rd party app there isn’t much they can do. Does anyone else have this problem and better yet been able to fix it?
Dcwiggs

Still unable to stream on a Series 8 with cellular with the last update that was supposed to have a patch.

austin88

I have a brand new cellular apple watch 7 updated to 9.0.2 and have the same issue. If i click on playlist/artist/album the page looks like it is loading data but nothing ever happens. Other apps work just fine on cellular. I spent 1.5 hours with apple tech support making sure it wasn't my watch and they said get with spotify.

ksparacin

I had to switch to Apple Music so I could listen to music on my Apple Watch but the latest Apple Watch 9.0.2 update fixed Spotify for me.  

Yordan

Hi folks!

Could you try reinstalling the Spotify app on your phones to ensure you're running the latest version of Spotify? It's also worth re-pairing the apple watch with your iPhone to see if that does the trick.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

austin88

Hi Yordan. I have re-paired the watch as well as reinstalled the spotify app. Everything else on the watch works fine on cellular (apple music/weather data/phone calls/texts etc). I can launch spotify but when I select Playlist/Album/Artists it acts like it is loading but never loads.

Vsa_boy

I made some test and I found that this problem exists when the network is changing, e.g. You start listening music in your home wifi and then go out and use cellular network.