Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sonos speakers not showing up on desktop app

Hey everyone,

We've received reports about Sonos speakers not showing up on the desktop app. They only appear in the Connect picker on desktop after selecting the device in the mobile app.

We'd like to take a closer look into this, so we've merged a few threads here to keep you all in the loop.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your inputs and patience so far.

We're setting this issue to Not Right Now as we're unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment. However, rest assured this will remain on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here with a new status if we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, make sure to always keep the app up to date.

Take care.

Comments
matteustace

We're a year on and I still can't cast Sonos from any of the PCs in my house, only from Android and iOS devices. Since this is marked as "Not right now", is Spotify no longer offering the cast function on PC? Would be helpful to know this before I switch to another music ecosystem as this function is what I bought the Sonos speakers for...

Luds6

This is crazy, more than a year later and nothing. Seriously considering Tidal at the moment.

silverfano

So had this intermittently on my old laptop and got a replacement today - and the issue is worse. I used to be able to see the Sonos speakers on my laptop after I had started playing from my phone. Can't even get that now. Laptop app is now becoming dangerously defunct. Running Windows 11 Pro on an HP Elitebook. 

alberghahn

Hello Spotify/Sonos. Any update on this issue? It's supposed to be simple coding maaan. Dude come on.

jpalo

After 1,5 years, any chance you get this fixed perhaps before 2030?