Sound lagging using any of Gplay equalizers

Hi there,

I'm experiencing annoying thing. If I use any of EQs on google play, the music start lagging (like scratch CD) right after I lock my phone (screen). The sound with EQ is marvelous, it really improve the sound from app. Please advise what to do or some update.

Thx, Jiri

Xiaomi redmi 4 pro, Android 6.0.1

Thanks for that info,

Since we don't have any official equalizer at the moment for Android, we would suggest not using any third party application with Spotify. However, if you'd like to get further support with the Google Play equalizer, we'd recommend you reach out to Google support.

Have a nice rest of the week,

0 Likes
Comments
RodrigoPalma
Roadie
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @Toi_Toi, welcome to the Spotify Community!

We know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your phone? If that doesn't help, let's try a quick reinstall. Just follow the steps here.

Let us know if this still happens after that.

Toi_Toi
Regular

Hello,

yeah I tried all those things and it is still happening.

Alfredo
Roadie

Hey @Toi_Toi!

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you let us know which equalizer apps you've tried to use? Also, have you tried managing the equalizer from the Spotify settings, instead of the third party app?

Keep us posted.

Toi_Toi
Regular

Hello,

Sure, I'm using Equalizer FX pro. I'm using third party app 'cause there is no default EQ in spotify app or in my phone. That is basically the reason why I'm using this one.

Alfredo
Roadie

Alright!

Let's try restarting your phone before trying again to see if it helps. Also, are there any pending updates for Android on your device? If so, please make sure it's up to date.

In case you have access to a different Android device, try installing Spotify and the equalizer on it and use it to test it out.

Keep us in the loop.

Toi_Toi
Regular

Yes, I've tried it on my company cell phone (Huawei P8 Lite, Android 6). However, it has a completely different issue on it. The sound from it is awful :).

Otherwise I've tried almost everything...except the factory setting.

Maria_B
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Thanks for that info,

Since we don't have any official equalizer at the moment for Android, we would suggest not using any third party application with Spotify. However, if you'd like to get further support with the Google Play equalizer, we'd recommend you reach out to Google support.

Have a nice rest of the week,

Related Issues