Sound quality on Google Home sounds like low bitrate MP3 (Premium subscription)

Plan: Premium (Family)

Device: Google Home

My Question or Issue

Over the past couple of weeks the sound quality through my Google Home and Google Home Mini have been terrible. Everything sounds like really low bitrate MP3 at high compression settings. My internet connection is >20Meg and playing from Google Play on the same devices sounds great. Are there settings for this? Is it a network issue? How do I fix it?

Hey there everyone,

We really appreciate all your reports and patience so far.

We've let our tech team know, and they're investigating this.

Right now, we're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest and best.

Thanks!

Comments
Visitor

Having same issue, about to cancel subscription, YouTube music sounds great, as does streaming through Bluetooth on both platforms. Please find a fix Spotify, it sounds awful streaming though Google nest.

Spotify, this is now becoming ridicules. How can the status be 'Not Right Now'? Its an obvious problem, if you don't know the solution at least have some transparency with your customers. Many people have given examples of songs that dont play at the correct bitrate and ones that do, use that information to debug your streams!

I have to echo all the other community members here. How are you not fixing this, Spotify!  This affects everyone on a major platform (Google Home/Hub).  Do better, Spotify support.