Announcements

Spotify ANDROID version for BMW serie Xx still not correctly implemented

Dear spotify team,

More than 1 year, you say that SPOTIFY and BMW are working hard to implement correctly ANDROID version of SPOTIFY on BMW (series 1 to 6 and X1 to X6)

But as of today, there is no progress or success ? and no plan communicated ?The community does not see any real collaboration between SPOTIFY and BMW on this subject.

SPOTFIY , can you inform the community about release plan for correct integration of ANDROID version on BMW (all series below serie 7 !! , because we can't afford to buy a serie 7 to listen Music ...)

I am currently registered user for spotify premium but may change in near future if no solution is found on your side.

Thanks in advance

Dominique Blancho

Hey @Domi1489! Thanks for letting me know about this.

Right now, the Spotify integration with BMW and Android currently only works with the new 2016 BMW 7 Series. Spotify is working hard to enable Spotify for all compatible BMW Connected Drive and Mini Connected vehicles. There's no exact timeframe when Spotify will release an update, but I'll give the right folks a shout.

Thanks again for reporting this and have an awesome day!

Huib

Comments
Hubo
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey @Domi1489! Thanks for letting me know about this.

Right now, the Spotify integration with BMW and Android currently only works with the new 2016 BMW 7 Series. Spotify is working hard to enable Spotify for all compatible BMW Connected Drive and Mini Connected vehicles. There's no exact timeframe when Spotify will release an update, but I'll give the right folks a shout.

Thanks again for reporting this and have an awesome day!

Huib

Env: prod