Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify BMW ConnectedDrive option not showing in iOS

Hey everyone,

We're receiving reports from Spotify users on iOS devices, that the Spotify app is not showing in the BMW ConnectedDrive menu.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to subscribe to this thread!

Hey there,

We're happy to share with you, that this issue was fixed!

It'd be amazing if you could give it a test run and let us know how it went. Don't forget to maker sure you have the latest version of the Spotify app and the most up to date firmware of your BMW head unit.

Cheers!

Comments
jdub73_1

👍👍

Mattmarkham

Me too, years of use suddenly gone.  

DennisD318

Same issue here in Germany and Luxembourg. Took me hours to find a hint to this A4A-Topic. Already restartet, reinstalled the App. Nothing worked. If not fixed, i will also change to Amazon Music / Apple Music / etc.

iphone 11

idrive 6.0 (BMX X3 2018 and X1 2019)

juanvvdp

Same issue here with my BMW X1. Hope Spotify will fix it soon, otherwise I’ll try with Apple Music.

Dian
Status changed to: Under investigation

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to subscribe to this thread!

gaudenz

Some here with a X4, it's very annoying.
If Spotify won't correct this quickly, I'll quit and go to Apple Music.

Dian
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thank you for your reports.

We're currently investigating the causes of this.

We'll keep you posted and share any updates on this as soon as possible.

In the meantime, make sure to add your +VOTE if you've also experienced this and subscribe to the thread so that you get notified on any updates as we post them.

DreadnoughtPT

Here are my details : 

Plan

Premium

Country

Portugal

Device

iPhone 6s

Operating System

iOS 15.1

BMW NBT version

NBT ID4

I have completely uninstalled the app, reinstalled, even formatted the phone as I only use it on the car as Hub for Spotify and Connected Drive, and nothing. It always shows the message that the app is incompatible, and needs to be updated.

Audible, and Apple Music work with no issues. Just when opening Spotify, it loops back asking to reopen the MyBmw app, and ultimately gives out the error message saying that Spotify is incompatible.

PatrikGugg

Same problem here since the spotify update a couple of days ago:

iPhone: 11 pro

iOS: 15.4.1

Spotify Plan: PREMIUM

tried re-installing the app, plut in/plug out, USB and Bluetooth…nothing works anymore. Spotify can only be controlled directly via the phone device which is really dangerous while driving. BMW confirmed to me that they did not change anything with the iDrive software. So it has to be the update from Spotify.

thanks for looking into this asap.

p_carrilho

Plan

Premium

Country

Portugal

Device

iPhone 12 Pro

Operating System

iOS 15.4.1

I've tried:

. clean Spotify reinstall on iPhone

. unpair/pair iPhone with BMW

My wife has the exact same issue with a Mini Cooper (iPhone 11 Pro Max)