Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify BMW ConnectedDrive option not showing in iOS

Hey everyone,

We're receiving reports from Spotify users on iOS devices, that the Spotify app is not showing in the BMW ConnectedDrive menu.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to subscribe to this thread!

Hey there,

We're happy to share with you, that this issue was fixed!

It'd be amazing if you could give it a test run and let us know how it went. Don't forget to maker sure you have the latest version of the Spotify app and the most up to date firmware of your BMW head unit.

Cheers!

Comments
AndersBrohus

Happened here as well 😬

Manfordsj

Same here, been working fine for 18months, same car, same phone now nothing 🤬🤬

st_britt

Same problem! The Spotify option in my BMW has disappeared, after an update of the Spotify app.

La-fastracer

Same in my F36 2017. Until freut days ago worked perfectly, now after the update to 8.7.28 not shown more in Apps. Only normal Bluetooth possible. 😏

davidkemp1

Spotify was working perfectly on my 2019 120iM until a few days ago, now the app doesn't show up on iDrive.  A look on threads reveals this is a commonplace issue with Spotify going back years.  Surely updates are meant to improve things not make them worse and merely frustrate those of us paying for Premium every month!  

Gemal123

I have the same issue too, I’ve reinstalled the app and cleared the caches but still no luck, even reconnected my phone onto the iDrive like 3 times. Spotify need to sort this bug out!

jdub73_1

...have to wonder why if its just BMWs.....I'm guessing we'd have heard if it was more widespread

Harry0021

Same problem. My connected drive subscription is up to date but the Spotify app doesn’t show up anymore. Please bring it back!

icipar

Same here, not working

Sdore

Same with me. Which are the Spotify alternatives  that are working with BMW? Amazon? Deezer?