Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify BMW ConnectedDrive option not showing in iOS

Hey everyone,

We're receiving reports from Spotify users on iOS devices, that the Spotify app is not showing in the BMW ConnectedDrive menu.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to subscribe to this thread!

Hey there,

We're happy to share with you, that this issue was fixed!

It'd be amazing if you could give it a test run and let us know how it went. Don't forget to maker sure you have the latest version of the Spotify app and the most up to date firmware of your BMW head unit.

Cheers!

Comments
Sdore

Same here, after 3 and half years working now it is gone. What are the Spotify alternatives working for BMW? Amazon? Deezer?

0utsider

Same problem here with 8.7.28.1589. The app is no more recognized by connectdrive system as incompatible. 

Marky_Vaz

I've got the same issue. It seems to be since the update 4 days ago.

Considering the safety issues and new legal legislation surrounding the use of a mobile phone whilst in the car, spotify need to sort this urgently

josefaure

The Problem seems to be related to the latest Spotify Version 8.7.28.X.

Native Spotify does not works with 8.7.28 but with an old iphone (same latest ios 15.4.1) and Spotify version 8.7.26.X works perfect. i hope here spotify release a bugfix Version 🙂

DreadnoughtPT

I have the exact same issue. Apparently my iPhone updated the Spotify version, and now the car doesn't allow me to connect to it, and keeps saying to update to a newer BMW app. Below is an image of another person having the same issue : 

280415135_7396409773766577_537761890484465685_n.jpg
mcboac

Same issue here with my 2018 X3 and 2018 M240i… iPhone 12 Pro. Really sad tho!

mcboac

Same issue here with my 2018 X3 and 2018 M240i… iPhone 12 Pro. Really sad tho!

DrillerJones

Message from Spotify support this afternoon…

‘I can confirm that this has been a recent issue. Please rest assured that the appropriate team will be looking into this, and work on a fix as soon as possible’

I hope it isn’t that Spotify have dropped support for A4A (Apps 4 Automotive) on IOS as they did with Android a couple of years ago!

BMW Tech in the UK are also looking into it and have raised it as an issue.

The contributions to this thread seem to be helpful in highlighting that the problem is widespread so keep them coming.

p_carrilho
Thanks for sharing it!
TIM1399

Same problem here... 120d 2018 edition, since some days it does not show the icon in my BMW. I called BMW today, they also dont know the solution. I hope they can fix this soon!