Spotify Connect No Longer Working. iPhone (9.0.2) + Windows 7

Device:

iPhone 5c + Windows PC.

Operating System Version:

iOS: 9.0.2

PC: Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Spotify Version:

iOS App: 4.1.0.941

Windows App: 1.0.16.104.g3b776c9e (and previous version)

Description:

Spotify connect no longer working. Neither the iOS or Windows application can detect one another.

To reproduce:

1. Connect iPhone to Wifi network (as network as PC)
  2. Open Spotify Windows Application
  3. Open Spotify iOS App
  4. Click the Spotify Connect icon in the windows application
  5. No devices appear in list

Workaround:

N/A

Additional information:

Spotify connect was working fine just a couple of days ago, now after the latest iOS update it no longer works. Updating the Windows application to the latest version does not fix the issue. Uninstalling and reinstalling both the iOS app and Windows Application does not fix the issue. Restarting both devices does not fix the issue. Feature is completely broken.

Hey guys!

Thanks for your feedback on this issue.

We're going to mark this one as fixed as we've had no new reports recently. If you do experience any new issues, please feel free to open a new report - we'll take a look into it for you.

Comments
andersks

First. I was not entirely precise in my previous post and should probably specify that I am using a chromecast audio. 

Router rebooted.

From mobile devices everything seems ok, but from spotify on the cabled devices the chromecast only appears sporadically. The closest thing I have to a model of the behavior is that the wired computers only can see the chromecast while a mobile device is casting or have recently casted spotify sound to it. 

Right now on my cable connected laptop: The chromecast appears in google chrome with the chromecast plug-in (and I am able to cast sound to it from a youtube tab) while it does not appear in the spotify-list. My other wired computer and my cellphone however does appear in the spotify list. The situation is the same regardless of wireless/wired connection to the network.

All units are still pingable, and the computer is able to open the configuration page of the chromecast.

Specs:

Chromecast audio - wireless

FW: 1.16.43995, IP:192.168.2.123/24

1 Desktop with Win 7 - cabled

Spotify: 1.0.18.60.g5fe0413d. IP:192.168.2.110/24

1 Laptop with Win 10 - cabled(IP:192.168.2.212/24) wireless(IP:192.168.2.215/24)

Spotify: 1.0.18.60.g5fe0413d

1 Andoid phone - wireless

IP:192.168.2.122/24, Spotify: 4.2.0.739, Andoid 5.0.1

1 Ipad Air - wireless

(not here at the moment, fully updated) IP 192.168.2.121/24

Router: Asus RT-AC66U w. firmware: 3.0.0.4.376_3861

Klebinger
Connect not working with iPhone (9.0.2) or iMac to FireTV stick.
jean3601

Hey Ladies and gentlemen

is anyone still experiencing this issue?

Jason
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey guys!

Thanks for your feedback on this issue.

We're going to mark this one as fixed as we've had no new reports recently. If you do experience any new issues, please feel free to open a new report - we'll take a look into it for you.

CrankYcLaY

I cant use Spotify connect with my Iphone 6 and Chromecast 2.gen. When i try to connect to other devices, Chromecast is no show. Can you guys help? I have the latest updates/firmware everywhere, i have tried restarting the iphone, chromecast and router. This is really irritating since it works perfectly with Netflix etc.

Env: prod