Spotify Connect Securty Compromised - unauthorized devices connected to my account

So for the past 2 days I've had my Spotify streaming interrupted by a message that my Spotify account was being used on another device playing Chinese lounge music and Vietnamese music.

Speficically device:WIN-0PE8K6VPDKD9

I was weirded out and felt kind of troubled about it so I went on my PC app's settings, found nothing amiss. Then I went online and found that all of my Spotify account information was in Polish.

After looking in Spotify's english help database I struggled with incorrect/outdated information with how to change the language of the site's language - it states to use a preferences cog on the bottom left, which does not exist for Spotify's website - it's actually a nation flag on the verrrrrrry bottom right of the site.

After I changed that I found something like 7 offline devices connected to my account, mostly windows laptops - PS: I DON'T OWN A LAPTOP.

So I removed all of them and then signed everyone out.

I tried resetting device password but I just get an error when trying to do so.

This is incredibly troubling to me because I login to Spotify through my Facebook account. My Facebook account does not seem to be compromised at all.

I just REALLY want to know how the **bleep** someone was about to connect a bunch of devices to my account and change my account language to Polish.

Hey @XAL53! Thanks for coming to the community!

That's definitely not cool. You can contact someone from Spotify using this form. Someone will take a look backstage and make sure your account is secure! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Keep rocking! 🙂

0 Likes
Comments
XAL53
Casual Listener

I LOGGED EVERYONE OUT, I EVEN CHANGED MY PASSWORD FOR SPOTIFY AND FACEBOOK (WHICH IS 2 FACTOR AUTHENTICATED)

GUESS WHAT???

RANDOM DEVICES ARE STILL CONNECTING TO MY ACCOUNT AND DISRUPTING MY SERVCE!!!!

Hubo
Spotify Star
Spotify Star
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @XAL53! Thanks for coming to the community!

That's definitely not cool. You can contact someone from Spotify using this form. Someone will take a look backstage and make sure your account is secure! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Keep rocking! 🙂

XAL53
Casual Listener

@Hubo Yeah I contacted them through email.

They suggested that I log all sessions and devices out of Spotify and Facebook (I already did that but I did it again) they also said my Facebook was compromised (it isn't). But as a precaution I changed my facebook password as well as the passwords for the 2 email accounts linked to it as backup for 2 factor authentication anyways (also have my phone as part of the 2 factor). 

After doing all of that the unknown device was still able to connect to my account and disrupt my playback.

So their escalation solution was to kick me off of my account (all devices and logins) and cancelled my premium subscription. I provided them the information they asked for pretty much immediately after they requested it. This was over 3 hours ago, so far no reply.

I currently cannot access Spotify through my phone. When I try and change/request my password it tells me that my email is not associated with any spotify account...which is the email that is supposed to be my login for Spotify. So I guess my account has been deleted?

This is nice.

Hubo
Spotify Star
Spotify Star

Hey @XAL53!

If you've e-mailed the details, it's with the right team. Please, stay patience. Just let me know when they don't reply within 24 hours.

Take care!

Related Issues