Spotify Connect audio devices are available in other networks once paired

Dear spotify team, 

Last week I was at a party from a friend which had a device (Yamaha RX-V AV) to stream spotify music. I connected with my telephone and my spotify account via his wifi and found the device in my spotify connect. I streamed the evening and it worked perfect.

The next day when I was at home logged in to my desktop device and surprisingly I saw his device in my spotify connect. When I checked my phone it was also there altough I was on my local wifi. Earlier devices within your network where only visable. once connect to a other network it was gone. somehow it is saved in my account and I have no options to manage my connected devices.

This is a pretty serious issue since I can turn on the device at his home whenever im on a wifi network. he cant block the requests and gets blown away whenever i select a nice song ( \m/>.<\m/ )

and select his device:).

It should be manageble when connected to the local wifi to revoke all other access from other accounts. see the screenshot from my spotify 

Schermafdruk 2015-09-22 20.03.42.png

Hello ,

I'm marking this as "not an issue".

You can disconnect all devices via this link.

Regards,

Dreadlord

Comments
mephinet
on https://www.spotify.com/at/account/overview/, there's an option to disconnect all devices.
Dreadlord
Community Legend
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hello ,

I'm marking this as "not an issue".

You can disconnect all devices via this link.

Regards,

Dreadlord

wieisdebaas
Casual Listener

still this is an issue I am not able to remove a device which I can stream to! not a Iphone or an android device, it is a wireless speaker which I found when I was on his wireless network. Still I can stream to his wireless speaker when im not on his WiFi. offline devices.pngScreenshot_2015-10-14-20-12-47.png

robkirchoff

Did you ever end up finding a solution to this?

Joenie

It's 2019 and this is still possible. I feel like this is an issue, as it shouldn't be possible in my opinion.

Related Issues