Spotify Connect is not working

Plan: Premium

Device

Iphone 8

Operating System

My Question or Issue

Spotify connect is not working when trying to connect to any device.  I can only connect via by bluetooth.  This all happened all of a sudden at 5:30pm Est time.  

Hey folks,

We really appreciate taking the time to add your reports here in the Community about issues with Spotify Connect in the app and playback on the Web Player.

Our tech teams have done their magic backstage and it should be now fixed.

Since everything should be running smooth now, we'll close this Ongoing Issue report as Fixed.

However, if you're having troubles, don't hesitate to give us a shout in the related Help Board. We'll be happy to lend a hand there.

Have a lovely day 🙂

Comments
CaBrown721
Visitor

I also having this problem. It is listing as error 200. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

mlprager
Casual Listener

I've just encountered the same exact problem. One minute everything was working fine, the next, sound and connection dropped out, and would not reconnect, just as you described. I've had issues with my Echo Dot not working properly with Spotify Connect in the past but this is the first time I could not solve the problem. I'm not even using an Alexa app since I'm on a laptop, so I only access my Alexa account online. My Spotify desktop application is current and so is my premium account status. If this doesn't get fixed soon I'll be dropping Spotify for a different music provider.  

OwO_Penguin
Regular

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

Dell Latitude

Operating System

WIndows 10

My Question or Issue

So I have been trying to play using the web player, but whenever i try to play a song the wheel around the play button just spins around.

Yes, I have tried to clear my cookies/cache
Yes, I have made sure its not my internet/browser
And yes, i have tried relogging/restarting my computer.

finstergrrrl
Visitor

Thanks so much! I’ll watch for updates there. 

Dan24
Visitor

I have the same issue, No connection spotify to Sonos move

mlprager
Casual Listener
Update: no idea how or why but my Echo just started working with Spotify again after I repeated some of the same things (logging out and in, unlinking/relinking, etc.) that had previously NOT worked. It might not even have had anything to do with it. This is just a super glitchy connection issue and I still might dump Spotify for something more reliable tbh.
GodZilla168
Casual Listener

So i deleted the app and reinstall it.  It worked but now it is back to the same problem.

Please fix this asap it is so annoying.

OneByBoo
Rock Star 19
Rock Star 19

Hi there @Berkay4

thanks for reaching out !

Please try and follow the relevant steps provided on the "Spotify Connect" support page here.

You can find more info on the feature on the Spotify website here.

Hope this'll help.

Keep me posted 🙂

SilverChilver
Visitor

I'm having the same problem

Premium Plan

Chrome browser on a Chromebook.

The weird thing for me is that it was literally working fine one minute, and then abruptly started doing this. Without me closing the tab, or even leaving the tab. So I don't know what changed. 

I cleared cache/cookies and double checked my Chromebook is up to date.

user-removed
Not applicable
  1. None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Premium

Country

Israel

Device

(Samsung Galaxy 9+)

Operating System

(Android Oreo)

My Question or Issue

I have had Spotify on my phone for a few  months with no issues but lately the app has been closing itself for no reason even though the music is still playing.

I connect my Spotify to my Google Home device and when I open the app back it disconnects itself from the speaker and plays on the phone so I have to reconnect again.

I read that I could do a full uninstall of the app and that may fix it. Will that delete my playlists?

Thanks

Related Issues