Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect not working on multiple 3rd party devices

Recently there have been numerous reports that Spotify Connect is not working on 3rd party devices like wireless smart speakers, multiroom speakers, sound systems and receivers. 

It's either possible to connect to the speaker using the Spotify Connect picker, but songs cannot be played and playback cannot be controlled, or the speakers appear grayed out and cannot connect at all.

Hello everyone,

We are aware that this issue has been going on for quite some time now. Thanks to your reports and immense help in troubleshooting this, we are happy to say that this should now be fixed. The information provided from members of the community greatly helped the tech teams from Spotify. They worked together with different speaker manufacturers over the last few months in order to pinpoint what was causing this connection issue and were able to sort it out.

If you're still having issues playing music on your sound systems via Spotify Connect, we recommend the following:

• Check if there are any firmware updates available for your speaker and install them.
  • Reboot your router and re-connect all devices to the network.
  • Alter your router's DNS to 8.8.8.8.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if the issue comes back! We'll do our best to get on it right away, so that you can enjoy your music.

Comments
Lewkiw

I mean, isn't this a really big hairy bug that should be a show-stopper?  Not being able to play your songs on a platform whose only purpose is to play your songs?  Come on, this bug has been around for years, and this is a really disappointing reply.  

Zeniapigen

I am from Denmark too, and I have worked with this problem for almost a month now. I have tried everything mentioned in this post so far, and nothing worked!! It still does the exact same thing as mentioned. When I press play, nothing happens. ;( I am paying for a Spotify Premium and has been for years, just to use my speakers M3, M5 and M7 (and of course a Hub too), which I paid a great deal of money for... (I also have a free solution called Yousee Music, but it doesn't work at the speakers, so I chose to pay for Spotify. ) So kind of frustrating when it doesn't work all of a sudden....

There MUST be something that can be done??? Kind of desperate, because music is a HUGE part of my everyday life. ;(((((

P_Devil

That’s not the response I was looking for, especially since I was excited to use Spotify after the 10k song limit was lifted for the likes songs playlist.

I can get by for now and just not shuffle my liked songs on other devices. It would be nice if this was fixed. I know I’m in the “1%” (at least according to someone in Spotify that spoke about the 10k track limit years ago) but, for me, Spotify isn’t a complete music service until this is fixed. I’d really enjoy being able to download more than 10,000 songs but I would be happy with this being fixed.

Steen-C

I got a Spotify update yesterday, and now everything seems to work again.

JohnnyHefty

I got The update, and now it stopped working again. 

Pilemann

Have The same problem

gwiesenekker

Same here, Spotify Connect to my R1 suddenly stopped working from ANY device a couple of weeks ago (desktops, mobile phones, tablets).  Software and firmware on all devices are up to date, devices including the router have been hard reset, nothing helps.

Regards,

GW

Pilemann

I am also from DK by the way 🙂 Hopefully this is not the problem 🙂

Have tried most steps an problems is still there - does not work from Spotify, works from other sources. 

I am not quite sure how the problem started (but it did a few weeks ago).

Steen-C

It did work yesterday evening and this morning, but now it has stopped working. Don't know why:-(

Dotter

Hi guys

I have al the same problems you have. My M speakers and my soundbar suddently stoped working with spotify. 

I have tryed alle the solutions and have reset all my speaker, NOTHING IS WORKING....

PLEASE FIX THIS NOW!