Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect only plays 100 songs

0 Likes

When playing music across Spotify connect, it will only play in selections of about 100. Say for example I shuffle all of my music (which is 800+ songs), it will only play songs with titles begining with A - C in the alphabet and then go straight back through that 100 selection.

This is not a new issue as I see many others have been complaining about this issue for years now and the fact that it has not yet been fixed is astonishing. Surely with the increase in sales with Google Home and Amazon Echo devices, this should become a priority fix as it makes these devices incredibly annoying to use with spotify. Many are planning on switching to Google Play Music or other services purely because of this issue. There are many songs that I will simply not hear anymore because they are not even in the shuffle list. I just keep hearing the same 100 songs unless I manually go in and change the way the list is sorted in the desktop app, but then this still only lets me hear 100 song chunks at a time. 

Please spotify, this is a real issue. I am going to have to switch provider if this isn't fixed.

Hey @LiamWilson, thanks for your report!

Spotify is aware of the problem and the right teams are looking into it! I'll be sure to pass on your report as well. Right now, Spotify doesn't have a timeframe for a fix but let's hope this gets fixed soon! 🙂 Here's more information about the issue.

Let me know if there's anything else.

Take care! 🙂

Comments
Hubo
Status changed to: Case Closed

Hey @LiamWilson, thanks for your report!

Spotify is aware of the problem and the right teams are looking into it! I'll be sure to pass on your report as well. Right now, Spotify doesn't have a timeframe for a fix but let's hope this gets fixed soon! 🙂 Here's more information about the issue.

Let me know if there's anything else.

Take care! 🙂