Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect sound randomly cuts out

0 Likes
Device:
Yamaha CD-N301 with latest firmware 1.04 (Spotify Connect enabled)
Operating System Version:
iOS 10.3.2
Spotify Version:
 8.4.3.884 (iOS) - Premium membership.
Description:

When playing music using Spotify Connect (either using the Spotify app or the Yamaha NP Controller app), sound randomly cuts out for anywhere between 1/2 second to 3 seconds during playback, with frequency of this happening from a few seconds apart to a minute or two.  I have a solid 48 Mbps broadband internet connection HARDWIRED to the Yamaha network player.
To reproduce:

Open Spotify app
Play any song
Wait for sound to cut out any minute and it always happens in every song at least a few times.
Workaround:
Using AirPlay instead of Spotify Connect eliminates this issue.

Additional information:
Maybe related or unrelated, but Spotify Connect is also very slow to respond to commands such as Next, Stop, Play, Previous, etc... I usually have to wait 5-10 seconds after pressing a button (e.g. Next Song) before the next song actually plays. Using the network player's (CD-N301) remote to control playback is faster.  AirPlay is much more responsive but I find sound quality inferior to Spotify Connect.  99% of my music sources comes from Spotify and I specifically bought this network player for it's Spotify Connect feature! Very disappointed so far.

Hey @samtaha!

It seems we didn't receive a reply from your end. For this reason, we're setting this post as "Closed".

Don't hesitate to create a new thread if you need us again.

Our best,
Comments
Maria_B
Great, 

Take your time. We'll be right here, waiting for any updates.

If the issue persists with a different connection, could you let us know if this started happening after a specific update or event? 

Cheers!
Maria_B
Status changed to: Closed
Hey @samtaha!

It seems we didn't receive a reply from your end. For this reason, we're setting this post as "Closed".

Don't hesitate to create a new thread if you need us again.

Our best,