Spotify Connect stopped working on multiple receivers.

Since last week, Spotify connect stopped working. My AV Receiver is visible as an available device, but I can't assign it to stream music neither from my Win10 computer or from my Android 8.0 phone, or my Android 7.x tablet.

Tried downgrading to the previous version for windows, x.72.x but that did not help.

Hey Folks!

We've merged all the issues about multiple receivers not working, since Spotify is no longer supporting them. You can find a full list of all the speakers we no longer support here.

Don't hesitate to open a new thread if anything else comes up.

Cheers.

Comments
berghsc
Since 03/02, it is impossible to broadcast music on 
my Yamaha RN500 ampli while so far it has always worked.
Update of the ampli done but without success ...
Vaupertir
Casual Listener

I have a Denon 4520. Listened to Spotify for years now with the internal AVR-App and my Premium Account without any problems. 

Can't connect with my AVR anymore for about a week.

Firmware Version is the latest (3525-8853-5410). I dont know what happened. It played before all the time without any problems and with the same firmware.

I pulled the power cable. Didn't change anything. 

I dont want to reset it to factory settings because I dont want to do Audyssey setup all over again.  

Here the main problem:

After I put in my Username and Password it says that it will register my device with Spotify. Yes ok... go on. But after that it says that I need a premium account and cancels the process. So what the heck is going on here? Did work all the years...

It's not a networking issue. Have set DHCP to off.

After login on Spotify Website I cannot find anything in form of that my AVR is shown as registered with its MAC or something else...

Don't really know if this is a spotify or denon issue.

What can I do?

Please help.

home_22_user
Regular

Hi there.

I have a Denon AVR-2113, and have the excact same problem.

Did a bit of "googeling" and here is the reason.

Link to original site: https://denon-uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5623/related/1

The Spotify function on my device does not work (correctly), what can I do?

If your device features Spotify Connect and it does not work as desired, please read here.

Older devices with an integrated Spotify implementation but not Spotify Connect (see below list), will be no longer supported by Spotify. Spotify has discontinued the support for such devices because of further development of the platform.

We will add the Spotify Connect functionality by firmware update to these products:

RCD-N8, DRA-N5 (scheduled for beginning of December 2017)
AVR-X1000, AVR-X2000, AVR-X3000, AVR-X4000  (scheduled for mid December 2017)
AVR-1913, AVR-2113, AVR-2313, AVR-3313, AVR-4520 (scheduled for March 2018)

If you are using a product that falls in the last category, you will not be able to use Spotify from January 2018 until the update for your product was released. We apologise for any inconvienience.

Please note that after the update, the way to use Spotify is different.

Vaupertir
Casual Listener

Oh... ok.. 😞 that's sad...

Thank you very much for your answer. Didn't find that article.

Alfredo
Roadie
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey Folks!

We've merged all the issues about multiple receivers not working, since Spotify is no longer supporting them. You can find a full list of all the speakers we no longer support here.

Don't hesitate to open a new thread if anything else comes up.

Cheers.

Mathias_ON

Hi, I recently got back home from a couple of month abroad and noticed that Spotify Connect has stopped working on my Pioneer VSX-924 AV-reciever. I have tried rebooting/hard reset everything, reconfigure own network, use mutiple different streaming devices etc. I'm extremely confident this is not a technical issue on my part. The spotify app perfectly reconizes the reviever as output device, but it won't make a succesful connection to it. This is really frustrating, the sole reason I have aquired spotify is because AirPlay is significantly inferior whem it comes to quiality of connection and range.

Is annyone else having this issue?

/Mathias  

Related Issues