Spotify Connect switches always back to mobile phone output automatically, thus unusable!

Since you, the Spotify support team, ignore the ongoing posts/comments in my last issue report: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Spotify-Connect-switches-always-back-to-mobile-phone...

I'm forced to open a new issue ticket about this and hope you don't ignore it anymore.

The issue still exists and is persistent as well as extremely annoying!

The issue:

Listening to music on my AVR via Spotify connect always stops working, whenever I open the Spotify Smartphone app to skip the track, or to browse the library or to simply control Spotify connect via Android app, as it is intended to. In worst case, if the app is in foreground, while my smartphone display turns off (automatically) and I unlock the phone, music stopps playing (spotify connect) and jumps back to my phone as playback device, instead of staying on the prior chosen "connect device", because the app was in foreground upon smathone unlock, coincidentally.

Even worse... once this happened, I cannot get the music back to my "connect device" in 95% of the cases. I have to turn off all devices... turn off the app on my smartphone and turn on everything again after some waiting. Then it will work once until it happens again, over and over again...

Hi, @wmissal!

It seems like we didn't receive a reply from your end. For this reason, we're setting this post as "Closed".

Don't hesitate to create a new thread if you need some extra help.

Have a nice day. 
0 Likes
Comments
JuanSebastian
Roadie
Status changed to: Need more info

Hi @wmissal! Thanks for writing on the Community.

Can you let us know which devices and Spotify version you're currently using? Just to make sure, are all the devices connected to the same WiFi network? Try restarting your internet router to see if this helps.

Keep us posted. 

wmissal
Regular

@JuanSebastian

Thanks for the reply. All the asked infos are already given in my above mentioned prior thread: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Spotify-Connect-switches-always-back-to-mobile-phone...

If you read the comments, you'll see my setup, you'll also see the videos I've posted and you will notice that others (Onkyo, Denon etc) users entounter the same issue.

To answer you question shortly here:

I'm using:

- LG G2 (D802) Android 6.0.1 Smarphone with current Spotify version: 7.8.0.607 armV7.

---> Same issues with past versions, at least the ones I've noted down...: 

v6.3.0.882

v6.5.0.1816

v6.9.0.1212

v7.0.0.1371

v7.2.0.1250

v7.5.0.1076

v7.6.0.1219

v7.8.0.607;

- Samsung Galaxy S7 with Android 6 and 7 with same Spotify versions

- Onkyo TX-NR616 AV-Receiver.... (as you see in comments of my last Thread, Onkyo 646 is affected as well as denon and others)

- Amazon FireTV 2 (seems to work veliably, mostly)

- Router: AVM Fritz!Box 7490 with Firmware 6.30, 6.50, 6.60, 6.80

- Alternative Router: AVM Fritz!Box 7360SL with Firmware 6.30

- Smartphones are connected to the same Wifi Network.

- AV-Receiver and FireTV2 connected via LAN cable

- I've restarted and changes the router several times the last year and (as already mentioned in my last Thread, which is linked above) it did not solve the problem. This standard suggestion is unfortunately not helpful.

Mdegon

I think it's pretty clear that this isn't a problem on our side. Please review internally. 

JuanSebastian
Roadie

Thanks for all that info @wmissal

If it's possible, can you try using a different Spotify account with your devices to see if the issue persists? 

Keep us posted.

MonicaM_Bogota
Roadie
Status changed to: Closed

Hi, @wmissal!

It seems like we didn't receive a reply from your end. For this reason, we're setting this post as "Closed".

Don't hesitate to create a new thread if you need some extra help.

Have a nice day.