Spotify Issue on Samsung TV 2016 KU 6400 Series

Hi,
hopefully this is the right place for my issue.
I got a new Samsung UE65KU6409 TV. I installed and started the Spotify App. Tv and smartphone are connected to the same Wifi, so I had no problem with logging in using Spotify Connect. In this state Spotify works perfectly.
The new Samsung TVs seem to save every Apps state when turning it off and I dont see any way to explicitly close an App.
This results in the following problem: I turn on the TV and start Spotify on my Smartphone. Now I can choose via Spotify Connect on my Smartphone to play the music on my Samsung TV, even when I didnt start Spotify on the TV. How I have written, I guess this is possible because the TV saves every Apps state and once started, always runs them in background.
And now finally the issue itself: when I try to play music on the tv via Spotify Connect without starting the App, nothing happens. The TV doesnt start the Spotify App. When I start Spotify on the tv afterwards, there is no way to play any music. The App itself is working but on pressing play nothing happens. Trying to play via Connect again doesnt help, too. The only way to get out of this not working state is a reinstall of the app. I guess a restart could although be a solution, but as described I see no way to close an App on the new Samsung TVs. Although this would just be a better workaround and no fix.
If I start Spotify on the tv before playing music from my Smartphone via Connect on the tv, everything works fine.

Hopefully this description is helpful to resolve the issue.

Of course I can give further information if needed.

Hi, @Jeyza!

It seems like we didn't receive a reply from your end. For this reason, we're setting this post as "Closed".

Don't hesitate to create a new thread if you need some extra help.

Have a nice day. 
0 Likes
Comments
JuanSebastian
Roadie
Status changed to: Need more info

Hi @Jeyza! Thanks for writing on the Community.

Can you let us know the name and Spotify version of the device you're trying to use with Connect? Also, try restarting your WiFi router to see if this helps.

We'll be waiting for your response. 

Jeyza
Casual Listener

Hi @JuanSebastian! Thanks for your answer.

Restarting the router didnt help.

The Spotify Version of my SamsungTV is: Version 1.30.0-e6038fc release-2.4.0-g1319eb3 release-esdk-2.20c-v2.20.151-gc382b907

The Spotify Version of my Smartphone (iPhone) is: 7.8.0.404

Both should be the most recent versions.

JuanSebastian
Roadie

Thanks for the info @Jeyza.

Did this start happening after a specific update or event? Just to make sure, this only happens when you try to use Spotify before opening the TV app? 

We'd like to investigate this further.

Jeyza
Casual Listener

Thanks for your reply @JuanSebastian.

I just got the TV about a week ago. So I just installed Spotify and had no updates yet.

I tried the whole scenario again to verify:

Starting TV and starting Spotify on iPhone and TV, then playing music on iPhone, choose Samsung TV via Connect, everything is working fine.

Then I turned off the TV, restarted Spotify on my iPhone, then playing music on iPhone, choose Samsung TV via Connect (this time without starting Spotify on the TV), here are the problems: on my iPhone music just continues playing and Samsung TV is deleted from the list of available connect devices. A restart of Spotify on my iPhone doesnt help. The Samsung TV is still now shown again. Then I started Spotify on the TV and tried to play music but its stuck. If I choose any title and press play, nothing happens. After a re-install on the TV its working again.

I also did some other tests. For example playing music from my laptop to the TV, while the iPhone is already connected and stuff like this. I still got the same results. If the Spotify App is turned on on my TV, everything is working fine, absolutely no problems. If I dont start the App, I get the problems as described.

Jeyza
Casual Listener

Hi @JuanSebastian,

I just got the TV about a week ago. So I cant say something about previous versions.

Exactly, if I open Spotify before using connect on the iPhone, everything works fine. 

Just to verify this whole behaviour I also tried to use my laptop instead of an iPhone. The result is the same - Spotify needs to be opened first.

JuanSebastian
Roadie

Got it @Jeyza.

In this case, we'd recommend opening the Spotify app on your TV first to avoid any issues. Does this happen when you're using other apps on your TV (e.g: Youtube) or only with Spotify? Try using a different mobile device to see if the issue persists.

Keep us posted. 

MonicaM_Bogota
Roadie
Status changed to: Closed

Hi, @Jeyza!

It seems like we didn't receive a reply from your end. For this reason, we're setting this post as "Closed".

Don't hesitate to create a new thread if you need some extra help.

Have a nice day. 

Related Issues