Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify Not Importing iTunes Playlists

Device:

Desktop App

Operating System Version:

OS X 10.11.1

Spotify Version:

1.0.16.104.g3b776c9e

Description

I have my Spotify setup to sync with offline files through my iTunes folder. The songs are listed in my Local Files folder in Spotify.

While trying File -> Import Playlists -> iTunes nothing happens.

I've done a complete uninstall of the app and related system files and re-installed the newly downloaded app.

Same problem.

I was going to include the .dmp files mentioned in https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web/Troubleshooting-Windows-amp-Mac/td-p... those don't appear in the system folder any longer.

To reproduce:

Click File -> Import Playlists -> iTunes

Workaround: 

N/A

Additional information:

Nothing happens when it is clicked.

Hey everyone, the Spotify Community team here.

Starting from Spotify desktop version 1.0.74, it’s no longer possible to migrate playlists from iTunes and other media players. 

This decision was carefully made with the goal of creating the best experience for our users.

Don't worry, it's easy to recreate any playlist with Spotify. There's also lots of cool ways to customise them. If a song you’re looking for isn’t available, you can still import it as a Local File and add it to your playlists.

Thanks!

Comments
Laura

Hey guys!

Thanks for all your feedback and patience.

We're still working on a fix at the moment. Any updates will be posted to this thread.

Melody

Hey folks!

The team are still working hard on this at the moment.

In the meantime, please do let us know if you're seeing any changes 🙂

We'll be in touch as soon as we have more info.

Jim

Hey folks! 

Thanks for your details and patience with this. 

Our tech folks are having a little trouble replicating the issue from our side. Are you able to explain your processes a little further for us?

Also, do you have any firmware updates available for your devices?

Thanks,

Jim

What...are you for real!! #FAIL 

Not sure I can make it any simpler for you...

MAC OS X (10.11.6) with iTunes 12.4.3.1 = LATEST SOFTWARE/FIREWARE

Open Spotify (1.0.34.146.g28f9eda2) = LATEST SOFTWARE

Click FILE

Click Import Playlist

Click iTunes

NOTHING HAPPENS!

gurkenflipper
And this at least the 10th time you are asking this.

It's als simple als is: In my case it has nothing to do with software / firmware Versions. The Root cause in my case is that my iTunes Library is not in it's default position. This is not being picked up by the Spotify App.
But I've posted this already three times.
Tested and validated on two machines.

Sorry for the harsh words but better post nothing than asking the same question multiple times.
aramis1250

I will post a movie detailing the problem in a moment.

aramis1250

So. The movie shows what's going on (that is, nothing).

Mac OS X 10.11.6; iTunes 12.4.3.1; Spotify 1.0.34.146.g28f9eda2

Click File->Import Playlist->iTunes

Nothing happens.

jamesyu22

Hello, I am new to Spotify and I am having the same issues. I am commenting now so I can follow this thread and also show the need for more effort to be put forth into solving this issue.

ric_anto

Hi,

Same issues here:
iTunes correctly set up to share its XML library file. Doing "File / Import Playlist / iTunes" in Spotify and... surprise... nothing happens!
iTunes correctly set up to share its XML library file. Spotify correctly set up to display local iTunes files. And... surprise... no files at all are displayed!
Seriously guys, this has been a bug since over a year ago. What are you paid for?!
I'm now a Premium user, but I won't be for long if this isn't fixed, as this says a lot about customer support and/or tech expertise...

I'm using the last versions of iTunes (12.4.3.1), Spotify (1.0.34.146.g28f9eda2) and macOS (10.11.6).

Jim

Hey Guys.

Thanks for your comments. We've recently rolled out a new update of our Desktop app.

Can you let us know if you're still experiencing the same issues after updating?

Thanks,

James.