Spotify Not Importing iTunes Playlists

Device:

Desktop App

Operating System Version:

OS X 10.11.1

Spotify Version:

1.0.16.104.g3b776c9e

Description

I have my Spotify setup to sync with offline files through my iTunes folder. The songs are listed in my Local Files folder in Spotify.

While trying File -> Import Playlists -> iTunes nothing happens.

I've done a complete uninstall of the app and related system files and re-installed the newly downloaded app.

Same problem.

I was going to include the .dmp files mentioned in https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web/Troubleshooting-Windows-amp-Mac/td-p... those don't appear in the system folder any longer.

To reproduce:

Click File -> Import Playlists -> iTunes

Workaround: 

N/A

Additional information:

Nothing happens when it is clicked.

Hey everyone, the Spotify Community team here.

Starting from Spotify desktop version 1.0.74, it’s no longer possible to migrate playlists from iTunes and other media players. 

This decision was carefully made with the goal of creating the best experience for our users.

Don't worry, it's easy to recreate any playlist with Spotify. There's also lots of cool ways to customise them. If a song you’re looking for isn’t available, you can still import it as a Local File and add it to your playlists.

Thanks!

Comments
JumpingJack
Problem solved. Switched to Apple Music. 
Chris

We understand the frustration folks.

We can assure you that the right team are looking into this. 

We're hoping to have an update for you all soon. 

Thanks!

venglish22

Exact iTunes version: 12.7.2.58

Exact Spotify version: 1.0.70.388.g8e1ed5af

Device: MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)

Exact Operating System version: macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.2 (17C88)

I was able to import playlists from iTunes: FALSE

stienemans

Exact iTunes version: 12.7.2.46 (don't want to update don't like the new)

Exact Spotify version: newest just downloaded it from your site

Device: 

Modelnaam: MacBook Pro

Modelaanduiding: MacBookPro6,2

Processornaam: Intel Core i5

Processorsnelheid: 2,4 GHz

Aantal processors: 1

Totale aantal cores: 2

L2-cache (per core): 256 KB

L3-cache: 3 MB

Geheugen: 8 GB

Exact Operating System version:

I was able to import playlists from iTunes: FALSE! 

I had old itunes playlists on my spotify when I updated to premium. So I deleted them as they would not update. now it doesen't sync with itunes at all. Whatever I do. 

hmafra

Hey, Chris (https://community.spotify.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/5747028)

Any news? It has been more than three months since your last message, so, what's up?

jamesp070

Good point! I'm still hanging on this one for sure...

Jack
Status changed to: Closed

Hey everyone, the Spotify Community team here.

Starting from Spotify desktop version 1.0.74, it’s no longer possible to migrate playlists from iTunes and other media players. 

This decision was carefully made with the goal of creating the best experience for our users.

Don't worry, it's easy to recreate any playlist with Spotify. There's also lots of cool ways to customise them. If a song you’re looking for isn’t available, you can still import it as a Local File and add it to your playlists.

Thanks!