Spotify Playlist Won't Shuffle

My apologies if this is a user error, but please let me know what I am doing wrong.  I have a pretty large playlist (almost 5,000 songs) that I like to listen to on shuffle.  Recently, when I started shuffling the playlist it will only play songs that begin with a number or the letter A, and not songs from the whole playlist.  It does appear to be shuffling (the little shuffle arrows are green and on), but it simply does not shuffle because even when I skip through hundreds of songs they all begin with either A or a number.  When Googling the issue, people recommended sorting the playlist by title and redownloading the app to fix it.  I have done both of those things and it has not solved the issue.  It does this on both my Mac and iPhone.  Any idea why this is happening or how to fix it?  Thank you.

Hey there.

We haven't had any activity in this thread for a while, so we'll be closing this thread for now.

If you're still having trouble, don't hesitate to give us a shout. We're always here to help.

Comments
panicfobmcr

I also don't know how this forum works, so sorry again if this was not the appropriate place to post this.

SergioDavid
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @panicfobmcr, welcome to the Community!

How long has this been happening for? Does the issue happen while you're using Connect? We'd also like to know the devices, operating systems, and Spotify versions this is happening on.

We'll see what we can suggest once we have this info.

SergioDavid
Status changed to: Closed

Hey there.

We haven't had any activity in this thread for a while, so we'll be closing this thread for now.

If you're still having trouble, don't hesitate to give us a shout. We're always here to help.