- United States
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012)
- macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)
- Text is entered backward in the search bar. In addition, one is unable to highlight the text with ⌘+A.
Steps to Recreate Issue
1. Open Spotify in windowed mode
1. Type text in the search bar
2. Highlight the text and without letting go, drag the pointer to the left and above the search bar
3. Begin typing and the text will be entered in reverse order (cursor remains at the front of the search bar)
Note: (Not every location one drags to yields this strange bug)
We're receiving reports that for some users text is being entered backwards into the search bar.
We're currently investigating this and would like some examples. So if you are experiencing this please hit +Vote and leave a commend with the following:
Let us know what you can find. Looking forward to your reply.
Have a nice day!
happens to me on my mac as well. I simply delete the text and retype, it works fine after that. Not a good permanent solution but it works in a pinch
Same here - and the arrow keys not working makes it so much worse, makes it all the more disruptive.
Same thing. Mac OS 10.14.2, Spotify desktop version 22.214.171.124.
The same problem here. it is very annoying. has anybody found a solution for this ? Spotify desktop version 126.96.36.199.gf6bc1b6b
I'm struggling with this for months now. So freaking annoying. Wonder when Spotify will finally fix this bug.
It seems that the issue has been fixed as I was not able to replicate it with the dragged mouse selection, which is how it happened. I'm still on version 188.8.131.52, so not sure what was it. Can anyone confirm if the issue persists?
I'm hesitant to say this, but I think it might have been fixed this week. I've had a day or two of uninterrupted use, using the desktop version extensively while at work. How's it been at that end?
Same here - I've had at least three days with no issues, so fingers crossed it's been fixed?
I still have this problem with the new update, on macOS Mojave 10.4.3.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.