Spotify Search Bar - Text Entered Backwards

Plan

- Free

Country

- United States

Device

- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012)

Operating System

- macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Issue

- Text is entered backward in the search bar.  In addition, one is unable to highlight the text with ⌘+A.

Steps to Recreate Issue

1. Open Spotify in windowed mode

1. Type text in the search bar

2. Highlight the text and without letting go, drag the pointer to the left and above the search bar

3. Begin typing and the text will be entered in reverse order (cursor remains at the front of the search bar)

Note: (Not every location one drags to yields this strange bug)

spotify_backward_text.gif

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate all your reports regarding this issue.

Our developers are aware and looking into this. While we don't have an exact timeline regarding a fix, we'd recommend making sure that the app is always updated to the latest version so you won't miss it.

You can find more info about this here.

Thanks!

Comments
gijsterbeek
Casual Listener

Hi, 

I tried to reproduce the issue using cgadam's method on version 1.1.6.112.g9f928c6a. Didn't happen. Not once did my text appear in reverse order. 

Then I applied a queued update to 1.1.6.113.gb388fe17. Still no problem. 

tbh, i didn't have this issue once in the last month.

I have 2018 13 inch Macbook Pro. Dutch Locale, external mouse and keyboard

Hi there @gijsterbeek,

Thanks for sharing this update!

Glad to hear all's working as it should once more :)

@cgadam@robintheoffice@mirandawagner11 and @buckendorf it'd be helpful if you could try a quick reinstall of the app to make sure you're also rocking the latest version and let us know if the issue still persists for you. Thanks!

DioBach

This is happening on my iMac in the desktop app - happens when it's triggered when I use shift and a letter together, as I'm want to do even when searching.

turnsquad

Still an issue, has been for over a year. Even with newly installed version.

Premium Plan, on a mac

sbenfield
Casual Listener

Still happening on my Mac as well.  Reinstalled spotify this morning (Vers. 1.1.5.153.gf614956d) worked correctly for a while but now has reverted to typing in backwards.

dcowles85

Spotify 1.1.5.153.gf614956d

macOS mojave 10.14.4  -

It happens nearly all the time unless I go back to one character and deliberately place the cursor on the right sight of the letter.

Maxlovesmusic

Spotify 1.1.8.439.g8502297d

still persistent and annoying af

hifirestone

Still persists in 1.1.8.439.g8502297d

macOS Mojave 10.14.5

MacBook Pro 15in 2017

dmdiana

This has been going on for months! I have unistalled and reinstalled this program. Very annoying. Ongoing issue that hasn't been resolved. Considering getting off premium.

gijsterbeek
Casual Listener

Hi guys, could you all please include which language and which keyboard layout you are using? Please go to System Preferences > Language & Region and see which language is on top in Preferred Languages. Then go to System Preferences > Keyboard > Input Sources and see which language is on top. I suspect that only certain keyboard/language settings are causing this behavior.