Spotify Search Bar - Text Entered Backwards

Plan

- Free

Country

- United States

Device

- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012)

Operating System

- macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Issue

- Text is entered backward in the search bar.  In addition, one is unable to highlight the text with ⌘+A.

Steps to Recreate Issue

1. Open Spotify in windowed mode

1. Type text in the search bar

2. Highlight the text and without letting go, drag the pointer to the left and above the search bar

3. Begin typing and the text will be entered in reverse order (cursor remains at the front of the search bar)

Note: (Not every location one drags to yields this strange bug)

spotify_backward_text.gif

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate all your reports regarding this issue.

Our developers are aware and looking into this. While we don't have an exact timeline regarding a fix, we'd recommend making sure that the app is always updated to the latest version so you won't miss it.

You can find more info about this here.

Thanks!

Related Issues

Comments
5rhqm075drnfhvf
Visitor

NOT RIGHT NOW?!?!

Not right now? How about I change my payment status to not right now?

It doesn't take 6 months to do basic testing on a widely reported, reproducible bug.

dmdiana

Still having this issue!

1.1.10.540.gfcf0430f

MacOS 10.13.6

gd11_be

It has been away for 3-4 months. And now just an update version of the desktop app got installed yesterday and so frustrating, the issue is back , and seems even to be worse than before !! this is just getting ridiculous. 

MAC 10.14.6  / 1.1.12.449.g4109e645. Really would like to have a normal working search function again

dcowles85

It never went away for me.  I am on macOS 10.14.5 1.1.10.540.gfcf0430f - If it is any help, basically, it happens more tha 50% of the time.  The text begins to type backwards from the cursor.  The only way to get around it is to *USE THE MOUSE* to place the cursor to the right of the letter, and then type again.   Using arrows etc., doesn't work for me.

dcowles85

What's amusing is people are started to create playlists with the band backwards to match the behavoir.   "ERUC EHT" for The Cure.  That's when you know the bug has been around for a while.

gd11_be

This very annoying topic is again present most of the time!  It has been away for 1-2 months and now it is back in full ! it is so stupid annoying. Why can't this be fixed for once & for all? or is TIDAL the right way to go?  Spotify really starts to show its weaknesses . ..

dmdiana

This texting backwards needs to be fixed. I have been dealing with it for over a year now and I'm not the only one. If it's not fixed by December, I'm switching to Apple Music.