Spotify Search Bar - Text Entered Backwards

Plan

- Free

Country

- United States

Device

- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012)

Operating System

- macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Issue

- Text is entered backward in the search bar.  In addition, one is unable to highlight the text with ⌘+A.

Steps to Recreate Issue

1. Open Spotify in windowed mode

1. Type text in the search bar

2. Highlight the text and without letting go, drag the pointer to the left and above the search bar

3. Begin typing and the text will be entered in reverse order (cursor remains at the front of the search bar)

Note: (Not every location one drags to yields this strange bug)

spotify_backward_text.gif

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate all your reports regarding this issue.

Our developers are aware and looking into this. While we don't have an exact timeline regarding a fix, we'd recommend making sure that the app is always updated to the latest version so you won't miss it.

You can find more info about this here.

Thanks!

Related Issues

Comments

I started to have so many bugs on spotify, liked 5 songs, only 1 saved, now they are lost, this is still not solved. I started to ceonsider switching to apple music or tidal because of this. I don't want any new features I just want the music app to be realible, why is it going down lately? I am really **bleep**, every second time I turn on the mac app, no music is playing after hitting play button, it is constantly freezing and not doing what it should...

Visitor

Hi, 

Is there any progress on this? 

It makes the app very hard to use.. 

Please let me know. 

Kind regards, 

HO12

Visitor

1,5 years and this still hasn't been fixed. Utterly ridiculous. Amateur hour. 

Visitor

yfitopS

Visitor

June 2020- this is still an issue... come on Spotify, this needs to be resolved. 

Visitor

Unbelievable this is still a thing, your engineering department bogged down with bugs or something? I pay for premium family service, I would hope for more attention to an almost 2-year-old bug that affects one of the most important functions of your program. 

Visitor

Surely two years should have been enough time to fix this bug right? I still encounter the issue often because I'll type something and navigate to another page before coming back just to find that I'm typing backwards.

Casual Listener

Out here in spain. Writes backwards for the first few times then suddenly corrects itself. It's pretty frustrating

spotify team, are you **bleep**ed?

Still happening today. Premium family membership. How is this not fixed two years later?