- United States
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012)
- macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)
- Text is entered backward in the search bar. In addition, one is unable to highlight the text with ⌘+A.
Steps to Recreate Issue
1. Open Spotify in windowed mode
1. Type text in the search bar
2. Highlight the text and without letting go, drag the pointer to the left and above the search bar
3. Begin typing and the text will be entered in reverse order (cursor remains at the front of the search bar)
Note: (Not every location one drags to yields this strange bug)
We're receiving reports that for some users text is being entered backwards into the search bar.
We're currently investigating this and would like some examples. So if you are experiencing this please hit +Vote and leave a commend with the following:
Let us know what you can find. Looking forward to your reply.
Have a nice day!
@juancsuarez2 : thank you! I can confirm, but not consistently provoke this strange bug! Not quite broken and not quite perfect - Is this just iterative/agiled programming runs taking its toll on the UX? I had some fun searching artists while typing backwards - but it would be truely infruriating if it were a daily occurring bug. Maybe the search bar just is not as prevalent in the UX, quantitatively speaking, as it is in general online UX.
Same here, doing it for a few months now, a quite entertaining bug
Hey @juancsuarez2 and @dan2bit,
Thanks for letting us know how you are able to reproduce this issue. If you are still experiencing this, please let us know the following:
Looking forward to your reply.
I experience the exact same thing, and
only in the Spotify search bar
only when Spotify is windowed
only after Spotify just got focus (but then multiple times in sequence)
there is no specific way to reproduce this bug, but after some tries (say, 20 or 30) the problem doesn't reoccur.
I have a 2018 MacBook Pro 13inch with MacOS 10.14.3 and Spotify 18.104.22.1687.g3da307b5
This is not a hardware-specific issue - I can reproduce it on Mac OS Mojave 10.14.3 (18D109) on two different hardware - a MacBook Air(6,2) and a 2015 MacBook Pro. Happens on Spotify 22.214.171.124.g378f6f25 and 126.96.36.1998.g9064793a
Hope this helps:
Hardware: Macbook Pro 2017 (13 inch)
OS version: Mac OS Mojave 10.14.3 (18D109)
Spotify version: 188.8.131.528.g9064793a
- United States
-MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2010)
- macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)
Happening consistently on two devices:
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018)
- MacBook Air (13-inch, 2014)
- macOS Mojave (10.14) (MacBook Pro)
- macOS High Sierra (MacBook Air)
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.