Spotify Search Bar - Text Entered Backwards

Plan

- Free

Country

- United States

Device

- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012)

Operating System

- macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Issue

- Text is entered backward in the search bar.  In addition, one is unable to highlight the text with ⌘+A.

Steps to Recreate Issue

1. Open Spotify in windowed mode

1. Type text in the search bar

2. Highlight the text and without letting go, drag the pointer to the left and above the search bar

3. Begin typing and the text will be entered in reverse order (cursor remains at the front of the search bar)

Note: (Not every location one drags to yields this strange bug)

spotify_backward_text.gif

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate your patience thus far.

There's currently a new version of the Spotify app available for desktop users. It'd be very helpful if you could let us know if the issue persists after a quick reinstall of the app on your device. 

If it indeed persists in this newer version, let us know by adding your +VOTE and leaving a comment confirming the following details:

• The version of the Spotify app you end up with 
  • Your device and its OS (operating system) version

We'll make sure to pass it on to the right folks, thanks!

Comments
rokdan

Happening on Spotify 1.1.4.197.g92d52c4f

OSX High Sierra 10.13.6

theoaronson
Music Fan

Update on my end:

Spotify v1.1.4.197.g92d52c4f (Desktop App)

Device: Macbook Pro OS X High Sierra 10.13.6

New workaround: When starts typing backwards, click on your Home section button and that should reset the text issue. Can't figure out what triggers the backwards text though - happens randomly as I click around desktop browser. Can't isolate to Albums or Songs section or after being on a specific playlist.

Screenshot 2019-04-11 18.06.03.pngScreenshot 2019-04-11 18.05.48.pngScreenshot 2019-04-11 18.05.09.png

_a-1wu27c2j3s

This is so obnoxious, it's been happening to me for months.

federicomariani
Regular

I confirm that the problem still exsist.

With mac High sierra. 10.13.6

Here I'm writing Hunger Games.

Schermata 2019-04-15 alle 15.41.27.jpg

mrgross

Spotify version: 1.1.2.285.ga97985ef

MacBook Pro 13-inch, 2017,

MacOS Mojave Version 10.14.4

xtin2222

Also having this issue. 

MacBook Pro, macOS Mojave v 10.14.4

All app software and OS are up to date.

Knatehuff

I'm also having this issue.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017), Mojave 10.14.4 

Spotify Version 1.1.4.197.g92d52c4f

unicornery

Happening for me with Mac OS and Spotify version 1.1.4.197.g92d52c4f. It makes for some interesting search results. The backwards typing is bad enough, but being unable to Command-A to select all slows down clearing out the search field to try again. 

Plan

- Premium

Country

- United States

Device

-MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017)

Operating System

- macOS Mojave (10.14.4 )

raffishtenant

Confirmed on a MacBook Pro with MacOS 10.13.6 and build 1.1.5.153.gf614956d. It was driving me nuts (and puzzling my girlfriend, who also uses Spotify on a Mac but had never had this problem) until we finally figured out that I traditionally drag to replace text in a search bar, while she traditionally triple-clicks.

Granted, triple-clicking (or clicking the "X") is arguably faster than dragging in this case anyway—but I don't do that in the general case because there are many other contexts in which I want to select only part of a line as opposed to the whole thing. It would be nice if I didn't have to unlearn that preference just to make Spotify happy.

thisafternoon

Same problem... I have to wait a few seconds, click again in the search bar before I can type normally... 

OS X 10.14.4

MacBook Pro 13" Retina 2017

3,1Gh i5

It's funny in an annoying way ;)