Spotify Stops Playing!

hi, i'm had this issue for quite some time now. I'm using spotify for family. This happened on my Samsung Note 5, Samsung S8, and my brother Google pixel. Not sure whether this happened on our pc / laptop because we dont use spotify too often there.

the song is not paused, the minute counter stops, i can't play-pause it to resolve the problem. Sometime skipping to the next song and go back to the previous song will do the trick but it is too much of a hassle.

I try clearing memory, cache, reinstall, etc but the problem persist.

can anyone help, bc this is getting really annoying now.

Hey @gregoriusdarian!

We're closing this thread as we didn't receive an answer from you. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

All the best 🙂

0 Likes
Comments
CryticalAce
Community Legend

Hey @gregoriusdarian,

Have you tried using WiFi and Mobile Data, it could be an issue with your internet connection?

Otherwise, are you locking your phone screen whilst playing music as this can cause your network adapter in your phone to sleep and cause connectivity issues?

Anything further you could provide would help heaps!

• Spotify Version
  • Android Version
  • Stock or rooted Android

Best,

Jordan

gregoriusdarian
Casual Listener

hi thanks for the answer

i dont know if its mobile data since ive been using the same carrier for a few years. could this be phone settings problem?

if locking the screen was in fact the issue, then what you suggest i do because i cannot keep the screen on the whole time i use spotify can i?

Spotify 8.4.39.673 armV7

Android 7.0, Galaxy Note 5 N9208XXS4CRA1

idk if its stock or rooted

thank you!

William_13
Gig Goer
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @CryticalAce!

Thanks for the info. We'd still like to confirm if it happens only when the screen is locked. Also, let us know if you have any battery/memory saving apps. We'll see what we can suggest.

Have a nice day.

ZullyB
Roadie
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @gregoriusdarian!

We're closing this thread as we didn't receive an answer from you. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

All the best 🙂

Related Issues